Chapter 107

Max POV

I was standing next to Christian in front of the motorhome and talking to him and Helmut when someone came into my field of vision who I didn't want to see. Because their very presence made my blood boil and made me forget my promise.

Before I even had it, I had already started running in her direction, my hands clenched into fists. Just now I didn't care about anything, I just saw red. She was supposed to pay for what she had done.

"You," my hands grabbed her neck and pressed her against the nearest wall. Panic could be seen on their faces, I didn't intend to let them go so quickly, they should suffer for what had done to my loved ones.

She had put her hands on my hands and tried to free herself from them: "Max, please." It was more of a gasp, but I just didn't care. She was supposed to feel the same fear that Hanna and Daniel had in the car. Fear of dying.

"I know it was you, I warned you," I was immediately pulled away from her from behind. Christian and Helmut tried to hold me, but I didn't let that stop me from continuing to throw my opinion at her. Everyone should know what she had done.

"How sick you must be," I spat the words in her face, "to sabotage a car in which a pregnant woman gets in! How sick do you have to be to want to kill unborn children, preferably with the mother? I didn't think I could have any less respect for you, but you are the very last! I hope you'll rot in a prison!"

I felt Helmut's grip grow stronger and stronger: "Think of Hanna. And you! If I see you again in the paddock, I swear to God that it was the last one you saw." The older man was much calmer and yet his words against my ex were threatening. At the same time, I felt a relief that he did not judge me, even stood behind me.

Christian, on the other hand, had not understood a word, so he remained calm. I didn't know if Geri had told him anything about our suspicions. But his charisma made me suspect that his wife hadn't told anyone anything yet.

Since Helmut probably believed that everything had been said, he pulled me further and further away. So, I was forced to turn around and go back to the motorhome. Ignoring the eyes of all onlookers, we were already a few meters away from Dilara.

"One day you will thank me and regret that your friend did not allow you to free yourself from her!", I stopped abruptly. Dangerously slowly, I turned back to my ex and wanted to approach her again. But Helmut had been faster, he had held me again, as had Christian.

"Christian take him to the motorhome," the elderly man instructed my team boss. When the let go of me and went to the woman. But I didn't think about moving even one meter. She had threatened my family, I couldn't just leave it like that.

"Come on, boy," Christian tried, "Helmut will sort it out, you've got a race to drive right away." But I shook my head, anxious to keep an eye on my ex and boss at all times. Before I realized it, the elderly man had reached out and given her one.

Frightened by what was happening, Christian let go of my arm, but I didn't move. I watched the hustle and bustle too eagerly and at the same time felt a certain pride in me. No matter what happened, we were a family here that protects and supports each other.

"Your family will be so ashamed! You can also forget about your internship right away; I personally make sure that you don't get a job anywhere. Take them away!", so security people intervened. Who had probably understood everything and thought it better not to interfere until they were called to do so.

Two of the men grabbed her and pulled her towards an exit, but Helmut was probably not quite done with her: "Let this be your last warning! Never approach Hanna, Max or anyone involved in motorsport again!"