Chapter 121

Since the news yesterday that there will be two boys, Max couldn't stop grinning. He was even worse than Daniel, which was really difficult, but his grin and good mood were even greater.

The rest of our troops were all the more distraught when we sat on the plane to Budapest: "What's wrong with him?" Charles looked sceptically at Max and then at me, as he probably didn't expect an answer from Max.

"It's going to be two boys!" the Dutchman trumpeted before I could have brushed off the Monegasque. The eyes of the Ferrari driver and the others widened before they congratulated us.

"You've done it," said Daniel, "Two little racers." They celebrated Max as if he had just won the World Cup, and I could only shake my head at that. Men stop.

"He's been carrying them around with him for 9 months, brilliant performance," I murmured sarcastically. But it had been loud enough that Jessi and Charlotte had heard it next to me. They both started laughing, which interrupted the boys as they celebrated.

They looked at us questioningly and I waved it off this time, instead looking out of the window into the clouds: "Come on Hanna, two little boys are going to be great. They always have someone to play with and boys are easier than girls."

"How are we supposed to understand that? Why should boys be easier than girls?" Charlotte looked at her boyfriend. I also looked at the group again, where the Monegasque looked a bit unsettled.

"You don't have to do the hair," Daniel began now, "No make-up later, they don't get..." When he saw our evil eye, he fell silent and did not count any further. Better for him too.

Jessi counterattacked: "On the other hand, girls don't come home totally dirty when they've played football outside. They break less things because they don't come up with such stupid ideas and they don't risk their lives driving a car..."

"Thank you," I said, "it really makes you want to have children." Fortunately, we were able to laugh about it again, but the joy of the men about the news that they were boys did not diminish. They talked incessantly, during the flight, about what they wanted to teach the guys and what they wanted to do with them.

At first I tried to ignore it, but at some point someone had to bring them down to earth in their eagerness: "You are already aware that the two of them are not even born yet and are not capable of karting or other things you want to do with them in the first few years?"

"Spoilsport," I heard from Daniel and Max. Annoyed, I dropped back into my seat and decided to just let the guys talk. They wouldn't listen to me anyway.

"Ignore them," Jessi advised me, "If you don't want to hear, you have to feel. In addition, they won't be racing drivers, but ice hockey players, and we'll make sure of that." A mischievous grin settled on our lips, and we hit her plan.

So that we didn't exclude Charlotte too much, we switched back to English and talked to her about various things. First and foremost, about what else we needed for the babies. At the same time, the Monegasque tried to persuade me to organize a baby shower, which I vehemently refused. I didn't need a party where I was showered with gifts, and everyone was just staring at my ever-growing belly.

Luckily the flight didn't last too long, I somehow didn't feel comfortable in the plane. Maybe I was just imagining it, but somehow, I didn't find flying as relaxing as usual.

While Max and the other boys picked up their rental cars, at least I quickly disappeared to the toilet because my bladder felt like it was getting smaller and smaller. Even though we had a private jet, I didn't go to the bathroom on a plane if I could avoid it.

At least I didn't have to wait so long for Max so that we could go to the hotel: "Did someone order a taxi?" Grinning broadly, he had driven in front of me with the rental car. I could only roll my eyes at it. While Max was loading our suitcases, I said goodbye to Charlotte and Jessi, even though we all had the same goal. But since her boys probably needed something else, we wouldn't see each other before dinner.