Chapter 8

"Did you know that the stars you see don't really shine anymore?" Max whispered behind me. Romance wasn't quite his thing. But he made me laugh.

I looked up at him while he had already watched me: "Is this your way of flirting?" A smile also rested on the Dutchman's lips as he scratched his neck embarrassed. But then he took his gaze from me and looked back to the starry sky.

For a moment, my gaze was still on him before I saw the stars above the sea. The cold sea breeze blew through my hair, a slight goosebumps spread over my whole body. But for a long time, I did not stay cold, I looked surprised to Max.

He had put his Red Bull jacket over my shoulder. I didn't expect that, but I was grateful to the Dutchman. Immediately I pulled the jacket a little tighter on my body, because it gave me really warm. His scent came into my nose, and it was like taking a drug. Slightly foggy I looked back at the Dutchman next to me, who had been watching me.

"Does it work at least?" Max wanted to know from fun. The romance was gone, but I didn't care. I generally felt overwhelmed with too much romance, so I liked the humorous way of flirting better and relaxed. It wasn't really flirting from my point of view, more of a normal conversation. I was able to deal with this much more relaxed than if he was obviously flirting with me.

In response, he only got a shrug, because I couldn't classify what was happening myself. On the one hand, it felt really like standing up with him and looking into the stars. My reason, on the other hand, reminded me again and again that I didn't really know Max.

Even though I felt like a magnet was pulled to another magnet to it, I held against it with everything I could. I also knew Max's past with women who definitely didn't speak for him. I definitely didn't want to be one of those he kept warm for maybe three months and then shot.

Something my grandmother had always said to my brother: Women may be on bad boys, but they will never marry. I was able to get her right by now and at the moment Max just looked like heartache to me. Even though he could be like a gentleman, his reputation had burned into my brain when I researched about him for my job.

I quickly lost the sense of time, I just looked up to the cold light of the stars: "We should slowly return to the hotel, it's really late." I nodded to the Dutchman, but I still looked to the horizon. It was difficult for me to get away from this beautiful sight and to go back on the road.

We both stopped in front of the hotel: "Good luck tomorrow, you will certainly be good." So, I turned to the entrance of the hotel. As I walked on the door, I was just waiting for him to call me. Unlike in any romantic strip, he didn't, and I didn't want to take that step back to him. Although everything in me screamed after it, I simply opened the door and disappeared without turning around.

In the elevator, I hit my head against the wall because I hated myself for not hugging him. In my room I dropped back on my bed. Too gladly I would turn back the clock and start the day anew, which unfortunately did not work. So, I could only make one catch behind that day and hope it only got better.

I wasn't so wrong with my hopes, because I was spared another promise on Saturday. I didn't see the boys that day, so I had to have dinner on my own again, which wasn't bad. So At least I could write with Jessica, who had stood up for it. Of course, she wanted to know what it was like on the subject of Australian men.

" No Australian men who look good," I told her over the phone. We had decided to make better calls than to write back and forth. So, I sat on the beach with my phone on my ear and watched the sun go down while I bit into my sandwich.

From the other line came a loud sigh: "You're sitting on the beach in Melbourne at sunset and don't have a hottie next to you? Girls look for one, you shouldn't marry him right away, but a man wouldn't hurt you. You're always all about work, you're not even twenty and behave like a fifty-year-old. Go to the hotel, and then you'll get your butt into a club. Do it for me, an Australian claw for me." I could only shake my head; I certainly wouldn't do that. I would do almost anything for half the Dutchwoman, but Certainly not with a man and I wouldn't go to a club today. Tomorrow the race is still coming up, I didn't have to be catastrophic. I would probably get enough reason to eat if I was back in Europe and would probably lose my job next to Ralf.

"Otherwise, you're still fine? I don't fuck my stranger guy just so you're happy," I clarified. There was silence on the other side, probably Jessica had now noticed how strange her request was. The way I knew the blonde, she didn't care in the end, and she would keep talking to me. This time, however, I did not give in, somewhere such a friendship also had limits. Should she separate from Greg and come to Australia to fuck an Australian. I definitely wouldn't do it because I had principles and morals.

From behind, I had approached familiar figures that I had not noticed: "Why so vulgar, the lady." It had been Max who had probably understood fragments of my conversation. A scream had escaped me in terror, and I had dropped my mobile phone in the sand. Lando was also lying in the sand within a few seconds, but he was already laughing in tears because of my reaction. He and the others didn't understand what I or Max had said, but I think my reaction had entertained them well.

"Firstly, Mr. Verstappen is very rude to interrupt someone when they are on the phone. Second, listening to conversations is even ruder and the rudest is to give someone a heart attack," I rebuked the grinning Dutchman. He clarified the others as politely as he was.

On the other side of the line, however, I freed my phone from the sand: "See you On Tuesday or Monday, the time difference makes me really ready. I got a visit from a few inflated drivers." Outraged Max looked at me, the others had no idea that I had offended them. Of course, I didn't mean this seriously, as the Dutchman and Jessica had heard in my voice, but they both played along.

"Maybe one of them wants to fuck. Stupid fucks well, it says," my friend laughs into the listener. Which disturbed me partly for laughter and a little. Sometimes I wish my girlfriend had been born with a zipper on her mouth. At least Max hadn't been able to hear her comment, which saved me some inconvenience.

As soon as I had laid down, Charles looked at me with a broad grin: "Who did you and your girlfriend talk about?" Whenever I thought it couldn't get more embarrassing for me, it got worse. Yesterday I had Sebastian Vettel screaming and today the 'new generation' had to surprise me with an embarrassing phone call.

"There is nothing about the Lord. What are you doing here? Don't you have to make any arrangements for tomorrow?" I tried to distract from the phone call. Unfortunately, my self-proclaimed best friend had recovered from the laugh flash and looked at me now in a reprimanded manner.

" Well, young lady here is not distracted. We all know that you have spoken about me. You don't have to be embarrassed, we all know that no one can resist my charm," he had sat down next to me and put an arm around my shoulder. Even though it was only played and meant amicable, this arm on my shoulder felt wrong.

I quickly slipped away in the sand in front of the Briton, so that his arm fell off my shoulder: "Unfortunately I have to disappoint them Mr. Norris, they were certainly not meant. Especially since we haven't talked about any driver or anyone specific." I made it clear what caused Lando to smolder.

"So, since you have your answer, where is mine?" in the end Pierre was so nice and answered my question alone. Since they probably had nothing left to do and wanted to get their thoughts away from the race, they sat with me in the sand. Lando was still next to me on the right and now sat to my left Mr. Sainz. So, the McLaren drivers had me trapped between them. I wasn't sure if I liked it. But I knew it was hell.

"Lando look," Carlos said. As naive as the Briton was to my other side, he looked at his team-mate. He immediately threw a load of sand at him and began to laugh. Lando couldn't let this sit on him and, when he could see something again, threw back a load of sand.

Like a little child, the two of them repeatedly throw sand at each other, and as I sat in the middle, I was the victim: "If one of you both throws sand at the other again, it goes to bed without a good night's story." I made it clear that while Carlos blamed the Briton, the other McLaren driver looked at me with big eyes. What was going on in his head, I didn't buckle at that moment.

But fortunately, he was very communicative on the road, and so I regretted my choice of words. He looked at me as erotically as possible: "So there is a good night story for me if I stop now." He tried to wobble his eyebrows, but he completely failed.

Laughing, I threw him off with sand, which outraged him. Just in time I reacted and jumped up. At first, I stood behind Charles to protect myself from the British, but unfortunately the Monacan was not a big obstacle, as he was still sitting in the sand like the others.

Once we had run around the others, I walked away from the group as I fled. Unfortunately, after only a few minutes I had no chance to escape against an athlete. Without consideration, Lando threw me over his shoulder. The group just watched us; I could hear some laughs from them. But none of them wanted to help me.

"Let me down!" I stumbled wildly and tried to free myself. With his free hand Lando had somehow managed to take off his shoes and had now gone into the sea. Immediately I regretted my words again. Because now I definitely didn't want to go down. Desperately, I tried to hold on to the Briton, because I didn't want to go swimming in the sea after sunset.

Max POV:

Like the others, I saw Lando and Hanna clawing at my competitors. What she screamed, we could not really understand, but that the two discussed was more than obvious.

Pierre watched the whole thing critically: "Does he really take her into the sea?" Before anyone could answer, Hanna had actually landed in the sea. Immediately, however, she grabbed Lando's foot, so that he lost his balance while turning and fell into the water lengthwise. This was the result of a water battle between the two, which looked really entertaining from our position. Immediately, however, I wished That I would be in the water with her, not Lando.

The thought of this girl alone made me mad. Seeing them with another, even if it was just fun, gave me a weird feeling in the stomach area. Outwardly, I didn't want to let anything be noticed, but inside the image of Lando and Hanna hurt me.

"Do you think something could happen between the two?" asked Antonio. He had probably been one of the few, not yet perceived the chemistry between me and Hanna. Automatically I cramped and I got bad. The thought that one of my friends might have Hanna and I couldn't be just horrible.

George just laughed: "Lando was definitely friended. Even if he had bothered, he would not have had a chance with her." I hadn't taken my eyes off the two in the sea, but I had seen the slight nod of the Briton to me in the corner of my eye. I couldn't say if Antonio understood George's wink. As Drifted into my thoughts at the sight of Hanna.