𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝟷𝟶𝟸

we arrived at the hotel and i laid myself on the bed. ria sighed and placed the key card on the nightstand.

"come here" she said sitting down next to me. i breathed in trying not to cry as i hugged her tightly.

"let it out bb" she rubbed my back. a lump was in my throat and i couldn't breath. "you can cry"

"your safe with me" she kissed the top of my head. i breathed out and relaxed my grip on her. i can't cry. i physically couldn't cry.

but my heart was.

she fixed her position and sat up. she hugged my tightly and i sighed. i closed my eyes and my muscles started relaxing.

"i don't want to lose tom" i whispered. "i know baby, i know" she stroked my hair. "he keeps spending time with her" i said

"i can't go home tomorrow" i said. "you have to" "for what?" i sat up. my eyes red because of how drained i was.

"so you can go to tom and christine will know your his" she said.

i dropped my shoulders and exhaled from my nose. "he won't see me the same"

"he will!" "why?" i said, a tear dripping down. "i yelled at him. i didn't even try to understand him" i said.

"but-" "can we talk about this later?" i asked. she looked at me and sighed. she nods and closed her eyes. she laid down and covered herself with the blanket.

i stood up and grabbed the box of cigarettes. i went out the balcony and closed the door.

i grabbed my lighter from my pocket and grabbed a cigarette. i looked out to the view and the sun was setting.

i lit up the end and inhaled. i blew out smoke into the air. "smoking?" i heard a voice.

i turned my head to the left slightly and saw a guy on the other balcony that's next to mine.

i sighed and nodded; looking out to the view. "you know stuff like that kills you" he said.

i ignored him and continued smoking. "what's up?" he asked. "why do you care" i mumbled.

"because my neighbor seems very tired. and smoking something that's not healthy" he said.

"it doesn't matter" i shrugged. "okay.." i saw him shrug in the corner of my eye.

the day was getting darker as the sun sets lower. "you okay?" the man asked again.

i stayed silent and looked down. i flicked ash off the cigarette and looked up at the view, then to him.

he was already looking at me, with a concerned look on his face.

"no" i said lowly. "tell me" he said. i looked at him in confusion. "what's wrong?" he asked

"nothing" i said looking away. "well.." he started. he walked closer to the railing that's near me.

"how are you not okay if nothings wrong with you?" he asked. i sighed silently and put the cigarette between my lips.

i blew out smoke and he cleared his throat. "me and my boyfriend had an argument" i said. "hm?" he asked.

i sighed and looked up, trying not to cry. "me and my boyfriend got into an argument" i said louder. "oh.."

"is he here right now?" he asked. "no.. he's in Germany" i said.

"what was it about?-" "hey" i turned to him. "yeah?" he said. "why are you acting like this" i asked.

"like what?"

"like i've known you and your trying to check on me" i said. "because" he turned to face the view of the city.

i examined him, he had brown fluffy hair with a black tee, and gray shorts. he had a sharp jawline and a cute nose.

i quickly looked away and looked at the view. "my friend had the same problem"

i put my lips to the side. "about..?"

"she had problems with her boyfriend. she was going through so much. then.. when everything went downhill" he started.

"she committed."

i turned my head to the left to look at him. "im sorry" i said. he exhaled from his nose and looked at me. his eyes looked tired.

"you remind me of her. i'm sorry if i caught you out of the blue" he said. i tilt my head in confusion.

"caught out of the blue?" i asked. he chuckles and looks at me. "your accent is cute" he said.

he quickly fixed his face and looked at me. "sorry, boyfriend right?" he asked. "yeah.."

he nods and gave me a smile. "things will get better for you two" he said.

we looked at each other in silence. besides the honking cars and the wind.

"thank you" i said, a small smile on my face. he gave me a smile and looked out to the view. "i know we just met.."

i looked at him to see what he was gonna say. "but promise me you won't do what my friend did" he said.

"what do you mean?" i asked. "i'm scared. the people i've met had committed. i don't want my neighbor to do that" he said.

"what's your name?" i asked, finally turning my whole body to look at him. i leaned against the railing and he looked at me.

"jack" he said standing up straight. my heart drops and everything went silent.

i blink rapidly trying not to cry. "thank you jack" i said, tears forming in my eyes. he smiled at me and my heart faded.

his smile dropped and he had a worried expression on his face. "woah woah woah.. what's wrong? did i say something to upset you?" he asked.

i sniffled and shook my head. "my uh.." my voice shaking. "my brother passed away last week" i said.

"aww.. i'm so sorry" he said. i sniffled and looked up at him. "and you remind me of him" i cried.

he walked towards the railing that's separating his balcony from mine. "come here" he said.

i slowly walked towards him and he opened his arms. i wrapped my arms around his waist and he hugged me tightly.

"you know that friend of mine?" he asked. "mhm..?" i sniffled. "she was my little sister"

༺♡༻

there's gonna be another update today

i started tearing up while writing this

don't forget to vote

this isn't proofread

1057 words