Chapter 2 ♡

Chapter 2

(Kat's POV)

Within a few minutes, Carlee and her secret admirer had stopped dancing. Cheers passed through the drunken crowd as they made their out of the center, being replaced with another daring, dancing couple.

I noticed Carlee look around for me, and I lifted my hand. She spotted me, walking towards me with the boy at her tail.

Once she got in the kitchen, I noticed her beaming.

"You were great!" I exclaimed, even though I could barely see her past the wild crowd.

"I know," she grinned cockily, causing me to roll my eyes. "But why are you here?"

"Just tired," I lied, which I probably shouldn't have because Carlee could read me like an open book.

"From sitting?" She raised an eyebrow from behind the mask.

See. Open book.

"Carlee, I'm fine sitting here. It's more of my forte."

"It's my birthday," she whined. "I order you to go out and have fun."

"I am having fun," I replied truthfully. And I was really being honest. I was never one to dance and be the center of attention, so I was having fun, sitting in the kitchen. Honestly, if this wasn't Carlee's birthday party, I wouldn't have showed up.

"Don't waste time on me," I told Carlee. "Go have fun with..."

I peeked behind her, spotting the brunette boy that was following Carlee around. "What's your name?" I asked him quietly, as if Carlee wasn't there.

"Drew," he replied to me. I knew it was him, I thought, no wonder he looked so familiar.

"Drew." I announced, "go enjoy with Drew. I'll catch up later."

She stared at me for longer than she needed to, and I just smiled weakly. Finally, she sighed, realizing THR I would win.

"Fine Kat. But just keep this in mind on your birthday."

I nodded and she rolled her eyes. As she began to turn around, I grabbed her arm after I remembered about the boy that was standing at the counter. She turned around, and nodded at me, signaling me to talk.

"Who's that?" I whispered to her so that only she could hear me. I nodded to the boy to the left of me, and she turned to look at him.

She examined him, then a smirk pulled up on her lips. She turned to me and shrugged. "Actually, I have no clue. But you should find out."

I groaned, "you're so annoying. Do you actually not know who he is?"

"I don't," she said truthfully. I glared at her, not exactly being able to tell if she was telling the truth through her mask.

"It's your party and you don't even know who he is?"

"Hey," she warned, "there are like fifty people here with masks on. How am I supposed to know who he is?"

I let go of her arm as she turned around, facing Drew.

"You're bloody useless," I whispered under my breath, but she heard me.

"Go to hell," she called over her shoulder, winking at me from behind her mask.

I eyes her as she walked away as if I could somehow get any answers out of her, but she was long gone. I sighed, realizing that I had to get the answers to my questions myself.

After a while of mentally arguing with myself, I figured there was nothing better to do than to go ahead and approach him. There was a high risk of me messing up, but even if I did mess up, he wouldn't know who I was anyways.