Chapter 30 ♡

Chapter 30

(Kat's POV)

"Are you sure we're supposed to be here?" I whispered to Zayn who held my hand tight while guiding me through a dark, empty building.

"Trust me," I heard him say back, "we're fine."

After walking around in the darkness for what seemed like forever, Zayn finally said, "bingo."

We walked inside of a dark room, which immediately brought a cold chill to my spine. "Don't move," I heard Zayn whisper while leaving my hand and trying to find the light switch. Once he found it, and the lights turned on, I knew where we were standing.

"An indoor pool?" I asked him.

He raced back over to me and smiled, "I know, isn't it great?"

His whole face lit up with an excitement that you could only find on a child who was unwrapping presents under a tree. So of course, I didn't object to the fact that he had brought me swimming in the middle of the night, in an empty gym which we happened to trespass, while the weather outside was conveniently situated at below freezing.

"Don't worry," he said, "it's warmed up, I hacked in while working out in the gym and warmed it for tonight, just so you don't get sick."

I smiled at him, bending up and kissing his cheek. "Well what about you," I said, "aren't you afraid of swimming."

He nodded, "yeah but it's an adventure that I'm willing to take."

"Alright, did you bring any spare clothes because I was not aware that we were going to swim tonight." I asked him.

I watched as a mischievous smirk formed upon his lips as he reached for his backpack that he had brought along. "Well I'm not that much of an expert on women's swim wear," he unzipped his bag, "so I brought one of my t-shirts and shorts."

He held them out to me, "you know the drill."

I nodded while taking the clothes from him. Both of us turned around so that out backs were facing each other. I put the clothes in between my knees while I reached for the bottom of my shirt and peeled it off of my body. Then I took Zayn's shirt and put it on over me. The smooth fabric felt familiar towards my skin as his scent filled my nose. I soon slid off my pants and put on Zayn's baggy shorts, pulling on the string to tighten them around my waist.

When I turned back around I expected to see Zayn's back facing me, but instead Zayn was standing there, biting his lip.

"Zayn," I laughed, "you didn't turn."

"Oops," he chuckled walking towards me, "must've forgotten."

I took his hands into mine and began walking towards the pool, "let's go inside while it's still warm."

He followed me the while way but stopped dead in his tracks just before we were about to go in. I turned to see him eyeing the pool.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I don't think I should start this adventure today."

I giggled at him, "oh come on babe, it's not that scary."

"I think I'll pass," he spoke with a terrified look on his face.

"Zayn, come on. Don't be a baby."

He shook his head, "I'm fine."

I shrugged, "your loss." I turned and tapped my finger on the center of his bare chest, "I'm going in."

He watched me as I fell into the water, a breeze of warmth hitting me. I went underwater as I dove in, but when I had gotten back up, I was already soaked. He was standing there watching me, still no sign on his face that he was going to come in.