Chapter 57 ♡

Chapter 57

(Kat's POV)

"Welcome to the 2014 annual bowling face-off!" Jack announced in his announcer voice.

Carlee and I cheered, clearly more excited than Zayn and Drew who just seemed to be confused.

"I am your host, Jack Biscoe! Also an opponent, for those of you who are wondering," Jack said, eyeballing Drew and Zayn.

"We get it," Carlee said, "rules please!"

"Alright," Jack clapped his hands. "Tonight we are playing without any interruptions. No food, drinks, or any phones, just bowling. With that said, can I have everyone who is a participant's phone please."

Carlee, Drew, and I reached over and handed our phones to Jack. I turned to Zayn, "don't you want to play?" I asked.

He opened his mouth to say something but Jack interrupted, "no Kat, it's only us three, remember?"

"But Drew's playing," I said.

Jack sighed. "Yeah it's because I actually like Drew," he spoke under his breath and thought I didn't hear him, but I did. I glared at him then turned to Zayn, "come on babe please, it's going to be fun."

"You sure? It seems like your guys' thing. I don't want to ruin it," he said.

"You won't," I replied. "Don't listen to Jack, nobody likes him."

"Hey!" Jack shouted, "I'm right here you know?"

I ignored him and waited for Zayn to answer. He saw the eagerness in my eyes and finally nodded, handing Jack his phone. I clapped, "yes!"

Today was Carlee, Jack, and I's annual bowling tournament. It wasn't a big deal, but we liked to make it one. Every year, the three of us came to Strikz Bowling Center and played a match of bowling. Whoever won was the bowling champion of the year and for the whole year, the losers had to buy food for the champion whenever they asked for it. And since there was three days since the end of the year, we decided that we would play it now.

The only thing different this year was the fact that Zayn and Drew were playing, and they had a chance to win too.

"Alright everyone, get your shoes and we will begin in five!" Carlee announced.

Everyone nodded and walked to go get their bowling shoes. I took Zayn's hand and walked to the counter. After Zayn and I got our shoes and put them on, the game started.

"Alphabetical order!" Carlee called out.

Then Jack entered our names into the system. The order was Carlee, Drew, Jack, me, then Zayn. I didn't like the fact that Zayn was last, but there was nothing I could do. Jack wouldn't agree to any rule changers, he took this more seriously than he took anything.

So Carlee stood up, ready as always. She grabbed a green bowling ball and stood in front of the lane.

"Good luck baby!" Drew shouted to her.

She turned to him and smiled, but Jack said, "it's every man for himself."

Drew laughed it off, turning his attention back to Carlee who took her time to aim the ball. Once she stood at her angle, she let go of the ball. We all watched as it knocked down eight pins, leaving her with a split.

"Shit," she cursed. "I hate splits."

Jack and I laughed at her, but she just turned to us and glared. Drew turned to us also, but we continued to laugh.

"Good luck baby!" I shouted as Carlee took another ball, trying her second turn, mocking Drew.

Zayn chuckled from beside me, and we all watched as Carlee released her ball. When it went straight through the middle of the pins, knocking none down, she pouted. Jack and I laughed harder, but Carlee ignored us, going to sit next to Drew.