Chapter 46 ♡

Chapter 46

(Zayn's POV)

It was 3:30am as I found myself carefully sneaking up Kat's roof. For some reason, I couldn't sleep.

I was having very bad thoughts. For some reason I felt like I was so close to losing Kat, it was giving me nightmares. I felt like I needed to see her right then or she would disappear. Almost like she was too good to be true.

The cold wind swept past me causing me to shiver. I realized the sweater I was wearing wasn't warm enough. But I was used to the cold, it was Bradford after all.

I was ready to knock on Kat's window when I realized it was unlocked. She should lock that, I thought, it's not safe.

I carefully and quietly climbed inside her room, shutting the window behind me. I looked over to her as she slept and took a step forward.

A small creek sound came from the old wood and her head immediately shot up. From the small light coming from the window, I saw her eyes widen.

"Who is it?" She croaked, her tiredness getting the best of her.

"It's me," I whispered, "sorry."

I instantly felt bad for disturbing her sleep and scaring her. But despite that I smiled at her bed head, she looked absolutely adorable.

"You scared me for a second." She fell back on her pillow, making a small thump noise as she did. She patted the empty space next to her and said, "come on."

I smiled and walked over, laying down then pulling the blanket over the two of us. She instinctively pressed herself against me, the top of her head pressed against the bottom of my chin. I felt her breath tickle my neck.

"Are you okay?" She asked, genuine concern filling her voice.

"I'm fine," I replied, "I just couldn't sleep."

"Why not?"

I shrugged, "just about everything, but mostly you."

She took my hand in hers and brought it up to her lips to kiss it sweetly. A touch that was so familiar to me by now.

"What about me?" She said in bliss.

"How much I love you."

"Zayn," she giggled, "you're so cheesy."

"I'm serious," I spoke but ended up laughing.

I wrapped my arm tightly around her waist, digging my head into her neck. She sighed happily and I felt something in my heart go off that I couldn't quite put a finger on.

"Kat?" I asked.

"Hmmm?" She hummed.

My lips traced the skin on her neck, "you won't leave me, will you?"

She waited a moment and I felt myself stressing. "Only on one condition," she finally said.

"Anything."

"I promise not to go away if you promise to stay."

So she had the same fear.

I kissed her neck again, for I knew that was her favorite place to be kissed. "Never."

And I meant that. I would never leave her side. Even if her father beat me over and over, even if I got hurt for her, and even if I had to fight against the world for her; I was never going to abandon her.

She took a breath of relief as I continued to plant kisses on her skin. Her hands made their way to the back of my head, running her hand through my hair softly.

"Is that why you couldn't sleep?" She asked.

"What?" I grew confused.

"Did you think I was going to leave you? Is that why you couldn't sleep?"

My silence was all she needed to confirm her answer.

"Zayn." She brought her eyes to meet mine, "I love you. Okay? I won't let dad's orders get to me."

I nodded.

"Besides," she rested her forehead against mine while smiling, "I need you, idiot."

I laughed and kissed her eagerly. This was all I needed. She told me that she wouldn't leave me was probably the best thing that could've happened at the moment. A sensation of relief passed over me.

All that mattered was that she was in my arms, happy.

"By the way," I spoke when we pulled apart, "you need to start locking your window."

She rested her head against my chest, "then how are you going to get in?"

"I'll find a way." I replied, "don't I always?"

She nodded and a tiny yawn left her mouth. She tried to cover it up but I caught it before she could.

"Go to sleep baby," I whispered in her ear.

"I'm fine. Let's talk."

I chuckled, "we'll talk tomorrow. Go to sleep for now."

She yawned again, and after that, she didn't bother arguing. She gave me one last kiss before saying, "goodnight Zayn. I love you."

"I love you too Kat," I smiled. "I love you too."

----------

It would mean a lot for you to leave feedback, vote, and follow me. Remember, it takes hours for me to write, and seconds for you to vote. :) ily.