Chapter 84 ♡

Chapter 84:

(Kat's POV)

"I quit."

"What?"

"I quit."

Alex's eyes widened, "no, no, no, you can't."

I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry Alex. I have to."

"Why?" He asked. "Do you want a raise? I'll give you a raise."

"No," I smiled. "Alex, I loved working here. I just have to go now."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "why?"

I couldn't tell him my plan. I wasn't telling anyone. "I just decided that I want a break, that's all."

He sighed, "you're my best host, Kat. I can't lose you."

"I'm so sorry Alex, I should've warned you."

He looked down, disappointment flooding his face. "That's fine, sorry if I did anything to offend you."

I laughed, "you didn't, Alex."

He pursed his lips, "let me give you your last paycheck."

I followed him as he walked to his office. He grabbed his checkbook, his face flushed with disappointment. He scribbled something on his check and handed it over to me.

"It was great working with you," he said.

I smiled, "you too, Alex."

I started to walk to the door when he said, "I hope to see you again."

I turned to face him. "I hope so too," I lied. "Goodbye Alex. Thanks for everything."

He nodded, "bye Kat."

Once I walked outside, my stomach sank with the feeling of what I had just done. It felt like this was the moment when everything became real. Zayn and I were actually going to runaway.

I sat in my car, a horrible feeling in my gut. I wanted to be with Zayn, of course I did. But did I really want to leave behind everything? My whole life was here. I don't know if I want that. As much as my heart tells me to go, my gut tells me to stay. I didn't know what to listen to.

I couldn't run away with Zayn.

Maybe we could just keep sneaking around. Although I didn't want to risk him getting hurt again, I also didn't want me to leave behind my entire life. I don't ever remember loving anywhere else other than Bradford. I don't even know if we can pull this off. I just couldn't do this.

I pulled in front of his flat, thinking of many ways to break the news to him. I knocked on his door, and he opened immediately.

He pulled me inside and without a word crashed his lips to mine. I grew confused but he didn't allow me time to think as he pushed me against the now closed door. He placed both of his hands on my face and I placed mine on his chest.

Once he pulled away from me, he was grinning.

"What was that for?" I asked, still breathless.

"How excited I am about running away with you," he beamed.

Great. This is just like a scene in a movie when the girl wants to break up with the boy and is about to go do it but the boy ends up changing her mind. Shit.

I looked down, "I'm excited too." I broke. I wasn't going to ruin his hopes. He was so happy. I couldn't crush his dreams.

"This is going to be great," he smiled, grabbing me by the waist and twirling me around like they do in movies. I don't know what films he had been watching before I came over.