Chapter 15 ♡

Chapter 15

(Zayn's POV)

Kat and I walked inside, hand in hand, and I saw Gusto sitting at his desk, examining a paper and mumbling to himself.

I cleared my throat loud enough to get his attention. He looked up and grinned, "Ah, Katrina and the supportive friend." He stood up, "great seeing you two again. And must I say you both look great!"

Kat smiled at him while I stood there, expressionless. "Thank you," I heard her say.

He nodded at her and said, "come, let me see how much you weigh."

Kat's hand left mine as Gusto took her to the corner of the room where the scale was at. I saw as she took off her shoes and stepped on.

"Well," Gusto said, "you've lost exactly what you needed to. But I was hoping you'd lose a little more than I asked."

"She lost what you needed. Right?" I said rather harshly as he nodded, "then don't say anything about her losing more."

He nodded once again as Kat got off the scale and back into her shoes. Gusto hurried to his clipboard while Kat walked back to me and smiled, slipping her hand into mine once again.

"Alright," Gusto spoke as all of us sat in our chairs, "it seems that you have lost enough weight to get most modeling offers. But, if you need to lose more, I suggest you do because the less you weigh, the more they pay."

I opened my mouth to say something but Kat squeezed my hand and whispered, "I won't. I promised, remember?"

She turned back to Gusto, "okay," she said, "I will."

For the rest of the interview she stroked my hand and squeezed it every time Gusto would have said something that would make me mad. But I wasn't going to let him go without a warning.

"Okay," Gusto said now, "I think you've got it. You've got the job."

He stood up off his chair and we followed pursuit, he shook hands with both Kat and I and smiled.

I watched as a grin appeared on Kat's face as she excitedly engulfed me into a hug. "Thank you Zayn," she whispered in my ear.

"For what?" I whispered back.

"For everything," she kissed my cheek while separating from the hug.

"I've got to go tell Carlee, and Jack, I'm just- this is amazing," she squeezed both of my hands and ran out the door.

I turned to Gusto immediately, "just a supportive friend, huh?" He smirked.

"Okay Gusto," my voice hardened, "if you make her lose any more weight, then-"

"Then what, Zayn?" He said, "what are you going to do? It's a part of the business, losing weight and putting effort into how you look. That is how it works Zayn, weather you like it or not."

"She doesn't need to do that," I said as he walked over and stood in front of me.

"Oh yes she does," he said, "and since there is nothing extraordinary about her, she needs to try extra hard."

"Now just stop right there," I took a step closer to him, "I have been here twice and I have yet to see a girl as beautiful as Kat. So I expect you not to say anything and be grateful that she accepted this shitty job in the first place."

"Oh Zayn," he sighed, "you just won't learn will you? It's big named businesses, you wouldn't understand."

I grabbed the collar of his shirt furiously, "I don't need to understand business to realize that you're a jackass. Now all I'm saying is, if you make her lose anymore weight, I'll make sure your name is never heard again." I let go of his collar and left the room before he had the chance to say anything more.