Chapter 27 ♡

so I've been thinking and I just want to tell those of you that actually read this that I really do love you.

----------

Chapter 27

(Kat's POV)

We pulled up in front of my mom's house, and suddenly two hours hadn't been enough. I gulped as Zayn stopped the car, why was I so scared? There was nothing to be afraid about. She was your mother for God's sake.

"This is it," Zayn looked down at me.

I watched the door open to reveal my mom, looking around for our car. When she finally saw it, she grinned.

Zayn and I got out of the car as mom rushed on over to us. I walked towards her while Zayn walked to the trunk to get my backpack, giving my arm a reassuring squeeze before he left.

Once my mom came to me, she engulfed me into a hug. "Oh my goodness Kat! I've missed you so much!"

I laughed, "I missed you too."

We pulled away as her attention was quickly swept by Zayn who was now walking towards us, "who's the boy?"

I turned to Zayn, not realizing that I hadn't told mom about him. Then I became aware of how dad didn't like him, so what about mom? He stood in front of us now, and before I could reply, Zayn extended his hand out to my mom.

"Hi," he smiled his smile that would surely win her over, "I'm Zayn. Kat's, um-" He turned to me, unsure about if he should tell her.

But I decided to take a chance, "my boyfriend."

Mom tried not to seem surprised as she shook Zayn's hand. "Nice to meet you, Zayn."

Right then, Annabel and Ariel waked out of the house. Both of them looked different from the last time I had saw them.

Annabel had now dyed her hair bright red, last time she had it blonde. She wore a sweater with some ripped leggings, more skin showing in them than fabric. I noticed a tattoo peeking out of the neck of her sweater, which she defiantly didn't have last time.

Ariel looked about the same accept her hair which had been long before was now cut neatly above her should shoulders. She had the same square glasses, which fit her perfectly. She was wearing a full sleeved leave cardigan along with some leggings, no tears in them.

But one thing was for sure, they were still both the exact opposite.

"Hey Kat!" Annabel yelled, chewing loud on her gum.

I smiled at her, "hi Annabel."

Ariel came to me and have me a hug, welcoming me more quietly than Annabel. "Long time, no see." She smiled at me, her calming voice ringing through my ears.

"I know," I replied, "I love what you've done with your hair."

She smiled at me while Annabel spoke up, "you haven't changed one bit."

"Except you've gotten alot thinner," mom commented.

"Yeah," Ariel agreed, "it suits you though."

I thanked her, then said, "it's the price you pay for modeling."

Hearing Annabel gasp, I turned to her, "you're a model?!"

I nodded then she said, "wow. I guess you have changed."

Then, Annabel's eyes turned to Zayn. She raised an eyebrow, "who's he with?"

My stomach twisted, but Zayn replied for me. "I'm with Kat," he flung the backpack over his shoulder, then smiled.