Chapter 25 ♡

Chapter 25

(Zayn's POV)

We pulled up in front of our houses, "here's your stop." I said to Kat.

"Thanks," she spoke, getting off the bike.

I had noticed that she didn't talk to me the whole way from the diner to our houses, she looked guilty, as if everything that happened tonight was her fault.

She set her helmet down, noticing that I was still on the bike. "Aren't you coming?" She asked me.

I snapped out if my thoughts, "me?"

She smiled, "who else?"

"Kat, as much as I want to be with you, it's been a long day and you need some rest."

"I won't be able to sleep," her eyes became soft and saddened, "knowing that you're still hurting."

"It's not your-"

"Yes it is Zayn," she frowned, "just come with me so I can at least give you some proper medicine."

I just stared at her. Her eyes were pleading, begging me to come. It's not that I didn't want to go with her, I just didn't want her to feel like this was all her fault. Because it wasn't. So I did the only thing that could make her happy.

"Okay," I said, "let's go."

We carefully climbed up the tree, making sure not to make any noise. I kept her close to me, hoping she wouldn't fall like I have multiples of times. When we reached the window, I let her in first, then climbed in myself.

She stumbled inside, opening the light. "Sit down." She instructed me.

I walked on over to her bed, taking a seat just like she asked me to. I watched her take out her first aid kit which was so familiar to me now. She walked over, sitting down next to me.

"Do you have any bruises on your stomach?" She asked, I nodded. "Take off your shirt," she directed me. I slid it over my head and she examined my torso for any bruises. I looked down myself to see there were many.

She took out some neosporin, applying it gently to the bruise on my forehead. She dug around the kit, finding a cotton ball and dabbing it with alcohol. "This is going to burn a bit, okay?" I nodded.

I kept my eyes on her the whole time, not bothering to flinch when she applied anything that was supposed to burn. She looked so worried as she found the right medicine to my bruises. Her eyes became a softer color of brown now, that's when I knew she really took this seriously.

"What are you thinking about," she said, now trying to heal my stomach bruise.

I snapped out of my thoughts once again. "You."

She smiled a smile that I so clearly knew now, but I also knew this one was fake. "What about me?"

I set my hand on her leg, "where I would be without you."

She took the cotton ball off now, "probably not hurt."

Now I flinched at her words, did she really think she made me hurt? She made me feel alot of things, but hurt was defiantly not one. "You didn't cause this."

"Yes Zayn," she whispered, "I did."

"No you didn't Kat," I spoke, "I fought with a drunk guy, I was bound to get hurt."

"Why'd you fight with him?" She asked.

"Because he was fucking with you, why else?"

She took a breath, "Who's fault is that?"