Chapter 66 ♡

Chapter 66

(Kat's POV)

Miserable is what I was.

It had been one week since the night Zayn had come into my house with Jack. And still, I regretted pushing him away. I wanted to go to him and apologize, beg him to stay, do anything to get him to forgive me. But then I would always tell myself that I was not good enough for someone like him. He deserved girl who wouldn't kick him out of her house on his birthday.

"Here's one of my favorites," I said into the mic of the radio. "Give me Love by Ed Sheeran." I hit the play button to my song when I looked up to see Alex signaling me to look at him from the other side of the glass. I took off my headphones and switched on the mute button, welcoming him in.

He walked inside, a stack of papers in his hand. He raced to me quickly, obviously stressed, automatically making me stressed.

"Kat, I need you to do me a favor," he spoke quickly.

I sighed, "another one? How many favors are you asking me for?"

He ignored my comment and continued, "Sara had a family emergency so she can't host her show, and we had this huge Q and A planned out for her. The audience has been waiting for it for weeks. You have to cover for her, Kat."

I groaned. I was not in the mood to talk to people about their problems when I already had so many of my own. But I didn't even bother saying no, for I knew Alex would find his way into my stubborness and crack me open.

"Fine," I said as an immediate smile showed up on his face. "What's the topic?"

"Breakups, cheating, love, and sex relationships. You ready?" He spoke eagerly, handing me the stack of papers in his hand.

Great, I thought. The last thing I want to do is talk to someone else about their relationship problems. Especially when I'm tangled in my own.

"Not really," I said but he ignored me and gave me a thumbs up before heading out.

"Make me proud!" He shouted cheerily over his shoulder.

I skimmed through the papers he had gave me until the song finished. After it ended, I looked over to the time to realize this was the time I was supposed to be saying goodbye. But with this add-on, I had to continue.

"To all of our regular listeners out there," I started, managing my best radio hosting voice that I could. "I'm sure you all know that I'm supposed to be heading out of here by now, but since there was a bit of a problem at the studio, Sara won't be able to host the Q and A. But don't worry, I'm here with you for the next hour and a half to answer all of your questions about breakups, cheating, sex relationships, and love. I'm taking any calls starting now."

So I waited for about a minute before I finally got a call. I answered it by saying, "tell me the problem, I'm here to help."

There was a sigh from the line, "so my boyfriend is cheating on me but he doesn't know that I know about it. How do you think I should let him know?" A young girl's voice said softly into the phone.

I cleared my throat, "how long has he been cheating on you?"

"Almost two months now," she sighed again.

I felt bad for her, and I realized that she was waiting for my response. Truthfully, I had nothing I could say to her, making me ashamed of myself. But then, I finally came up with something.

"Tell him the next time you see him," I spoke into the line. "Make sure to let him know that if being with you wasn't enough for him, then being without you should make him feel empty. Wait for his response, and dive in from there. If he leaves, you made the right decision. If he stays, listen to what he has to say then decide. It'll land you at the right place."