Chapter 76 ♡

Sorry for not updating in forever. I had a bad case of writer's block.

So here you are, don't shoot the messenger. Or the writer.

----------

Chapter 76

(Kat's POV)

I triple checked myself in the mirror, trying my hardest not to explode with overjoyment. It was Zayn and I's very first Valentine's Day, and I was so excited. I didn't know what he had planned for me, but all I know is that he had been spending each and every moment for it to be perfect. This, of course, only made me more excited.

I slipped on my heels, grabbing my hand purse just in case we need money. I felt my mouth ache from grinning so much, and I didn't even know why. Zayn and I had spent the whole day together, being lazy and watching movies, but around 7:00, he said we need to start getting ready. He wanted to dress me, but I told him no since I wanted him to see the finished product. This of course kept me from helping him get dressed, but oh well. I think he'll like what he sees now.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. My heart fluttered as I raced to it. Without a moment of hesitation, I flung open the door. There he stood, with roses in his hand and a smirk on his face.

"Happy Valentine's Day beautiful," he said, leaning in and placing a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled, "happy Valentine's Day babe."

He bit his lip, taking his time to examine me. I did the same, seeing him in his black button down shirt, his hair perfectly glossed into a quiff along with the cologne I liked best on him.

"You look so..." He started, then he got a loss of words. I expected for him to say beautiful like he always does, but then he finally said, "sexy."

I raised both of my eyebrows at him, pursing my lips, then said, "same goes for you."

He chuckled, extending his arm about for me to take. I, of course, took it, walking out of my flat and locking it behind me. We found our way to his car, he raced to my side as he opened the door for me to sit in it. I giggled as he said, "milady."

I did a pretend curtsy to him before sitting in the car. He shut the door and quickly raced to the other side before sitting in himself.

"Where are we headed?" I asked him as he started the car.

He looked over at me and smirked, "patience, baby." He placed his hand on the bare skin of my leg, probably thinking of the many ways my short skirt gave him an advantage.

He began to drive, the silence in our car not at all awkward, but comforting. His fingers caressed the skin of my leg gently, sending goosebumps to arise on my skin. He obviously noticed because of the way the smirk played upon his lips the entire time.

"Shit," he mumbled. "I forgot my wallet at my flat."

I looked over at him, "that's okay. Let's go get it."

He sighed, "I can't even do one thing right."

"Don't say that," I reassured as he took a sharp U-turn.

He drove down the street before taking a turn at his flat. He stopped the car in front and said, "I don't want you to stay outside alone."

I unbuckled my seatbelt, "then let's go."

We got out of the car and he waited for me until I reached him and he took a hold of my waist. We walked to his flat, he took out his keys and unlocked the door, and I gasped when I saw what was on the other side.

"Looks like I didn't forget my wallet," Zayn chuckled, helping me in and locking the flat door behind us.

I looked around, everything in his flat was covered in flowers. Candles were lit, slow music was playing, rose petals on the counters. If I didn't know any better, I would've never thought that this was Zayn's flat. It didn't even look the same. It was wonderful. He did everything just for me