Chapter 91 ♡

Chapter 91:

(Kat's POV)

My back rested against the headboard of my bed, my legs brought up to my chest. I wrapped my arms around them, feeling cold and empty but thinking too much to do anything about it. I rested my chin on my knees and thought about what Zayn could possibly doing this time at night. It was 11:00 PM and I was not even the bit exhausted, or at least that was the least of my worries.

There was only one thought on my mind and I didn't know how I could get rid of it. Maybe if Zayn came and cleared my conscious for me.

I took heavy breaths, tears coming out of my eyes. I stared at the blank wall ahead of me, my heart aching in pain and loneliness. Tigger was long asleep by now and I didn't want to wake him up to fulfill my loneliness, so I decided to stay put.

I covered my face in my hands, wanting nothing more than to talk to someone. Even if it meant Carlee, I needed to say something to her. Maybe she could help clear my conscious.

I wanted to go take a long, hot shower. But I was afraid I would do things in there that would leave regretting marks on my skin. And if I was wrong about Zayn, he would be upset if I did hurt myself.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe he's just at his friend's house. But he doesn't have any friends here. Except Grace. But we did have one enemy. What if he was with Cami? No. He would never do that.

Would he?

"God dammit Kat," I said to myself. "You couldn't have shut your mouth for a second. If only you hadn't said what you did; he'd still be here."

My head was not only spinning, but it was terribly aching. And the numerous amounts of beers that I had consumed didn't help either.

After a while more of regretting everything, I heard the front door open. My eyes widened. Who could it be? Zayn said he'd be back tomorrow. Did I even lock the front door?

My heart started to race, but I didn't move, hoping that I would become invisible somehow. I saw Tigger's head jerk up as he got up and strut out of the room, with his head held high.

No. No. No. Tigger come back.

"Hi there buddy," I heard a dangerously familiar voice whisper. "Were you sleeping?"

It was Zayn. In the living room. With Tigger. Here.

I took a breath of relief and shut my eyes, digging my face in my hands. Tears streamed down my face but I didn't know why. Maybe because I was so relieved or maybe because I was so upset.

I heard footsteps coming near me, but I didn't look up. I felt him sit on the bed, beside me as he wrapped his one arm around my waist and the other pulling my face towards his chest.

"No, baby, please don't cry. I'm here," he whispered.

He forgave me? Since when? Maybe he was guilty of something. Where did he go? Ugh. I'm playing the super annoying girlfriend role right now.

I pulled away from him, my eyes burning with fury. "Leave me alone, you bastard."

He sighed but stared at me. "How much have you drank?"

"That doesn't concern you," I spat. "You left me."

"I didn't leave you," he replied back, "and I never will. Don't ever say that again."

"Or what?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Or you'll get mad and go somewhere for the night?"

He took in a deep breath, "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I was just angry."

"Leave me alone Zayn," I cried silently. "I don't care where you went."

"Yes you do," he spoke quietly. "And I know you want to know."