Chapter 71 ♡

Chapter 71

(Kat's POV)

I sat on my couch, staring at the ceiling, thinking about what I had just done. The world around me was dead silent, and for a second, I thought that I was the only person alive.

That was, until I was snapped out of my daydream when I heard a knock on the door.

My heart started to race, my mind spinning. I knew that it was Zayn. I knew that it would only be him. I knew that he was going to ask me about why I left him. I knew that he would be crying. I knew that everything that I had tried to leave behind was standing right behind that door.

But despite all of those thoughts, I stumbled off the couch and ran to the door. Without looking in the peephole, I opened it, just because I knew it would make me second guess. There stood Zayn, his eyes locked with mine, tears falling down his cheeks. It broke my heart.

"You left me?" He croaked, his voice weaker than I had ever heard it.

I noticed that he wasn't wearing a coat, and that it was super cold out, so I pulled him inside. I swallowed, keeping my head in the game. I needed to stick with my plan, no matter how painful it was. Zayn was too good for me and I had to accept it.

I turned around, casually trying to walk away from him, but he grabbed my arm and turned me back to face him.

"Answer me Kat," he spoke desperately. "Why did you leave me?"

His teary eyes and fragile face was so close to mine, all I wanted to do was kiss him. All I wanted to do was hug him and tell him that I still loved him, and I always would. But I wouldn't do that because what happiness could a girl like me bring him?

I stood tall, keeping my plan in mind. "It's over Zayn," I shrugged, playing it off cool. "I've moved on from you."

I could see how physically pained he was after he heard these words, but I had to keep myself together. I don't deserve him. He's too good for me.

"Kat, don't joke with me," his words came out in a hopeless voice.

I shrugged, shaking my arm free from his grasp. "I'm serious Zayn, I can't do this anymore. This sneaking around and faking all of this, I just can't."

He shook his head, "you can't do this Kat. I can't live wi-"

"I don't give a fuck Zayn," I pulled off a weak smile that I hoped would seal the deal. "Get out of my house. What we have isn't here anymore. In fact, we never had it."

I could see the insanity in his eyes. He had to leave quick otherwise my whole act would've failed.

"You never loved me?" He whispered.

I clicked my tongue, "nope."

I turned around, walking a few steps away from him and into the kitchen. I took deep breaths on my way there, trying to keep my act together. This was it. If I pulled this off, he would get what he deserves. He would find someone better than me. I would get out of his life for good. I couldn't screw this up.

I took out a glass and filled it with water, taking a sip as I watched him walk over to me. I could tell that he was mind blown by the way I was handling the situation. Even I was surprised on how I was pulling this off. But I knew it wouldn't last long. So he had to leave.

He came and stood in front of me, his eyes filled with desperation. "You never loved me?" He asked again.

I rolled my eyes, "no Zayn, I just told you."

Man I felt like such a bitch. I would surely be beating myself up for this later. And it would be worse than ever.

I set my glass on the counter behind me, my eyes landing on his bloody hand. My eyes widened and my heart ached because of how bad I wanted to heal it, but I had to fight the urge. But I knew that he had got it because of anger or frustration. I couldn't imagine what he would do when he went home today and thought that I had never loved him.