Chapter 72 ♡

Chapter 72

(Kat's POV)

I awoke the next morning to the sight of Zayn sleeping right beside me. I smiled at him, reaching up to trace his lips. He was already awake, staring at me, making sure I wouldn't leave him again.

"Goodmorning beautiful," he whispered, his croaky morning voice apparent in his words.

"Goodmorning," I replied, my voice coming out as if it were in bliss.

Zayn wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, "I finally get to wake up next to you."

"It's been too long," I whispered.

He smirked, "I agree."

He began to lean down to place a kiss on my lips, but I covered his mouth with my hands. "I can't kiss you with my morning breath."

He chuckled, "do you really think I care?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "But you should."

He moved my hand from his mouth, "all I want is to kiss you."

I giggled and sat up, stretching as I did so. "I'm going to go hop into the shower and I'll be out soon."

He nodded and covered his eyes with his hands, yawning quietly as I crawled over him and walked to the bathroom. Once inside, I grabbed my toothbrush to get rid of my morning breath, undeniably happy as I did so. I never knew I would've ever loved someone as much as I loved Zayn. He was everything that I never had, everything that I had always wanted.

I set down my toothbrush and rinsed my mouth before I heard Zayn's voice call out, "baby?"

I walked to the door, opening it slightly to see him in the same position I had left him in. "When you finish taking a shower, would you mind leaving the water on so it doesn't turn cold? I need to shower after you."

An idea came to my mind, but I tried to dismiss it. "Okay," I replied, shutting the door again.

I stayed where I was, though, thinking. What if... No. I couldn't. But I trusted him, so... I want to, and he deserves it, but...

At that point, I stopped thinking. I turned around and opened the door to peek at Zayn again. "Zayn?" I started, a bit nervous. "Do you want to shower with me?"

He immediately took his hand off of his eyes and turned to look at me. I wanted to hit myself because I thought that I said something wrong. "Are you serious?" He asked.

I shrugged, "if you don't want to then-"

"No," he sat up on the bed. "Of course I want to. I, just, I'll be right there."

I nodded and shut the door, taking a deep breath. This was really happening. Zayn was going to shower with me. I quickly walked over to the shower and turned on the water to the perfect temperature, I think. I walked over to the counter and hopped on it, looking down at my feet and grinning. I didn't know if I should be happy or nervous. Maybe both?

Right then, the door flew open. Zayn walked in, scanning the restroom before he finally found me. I smiled at him, and he grinned back. He was excited.

He walked over to me with a change of clothes for the both of us, setting it on the counter. Then, he stood in front of me, placing both of his hands on either side of me and leaning in to me so that his breath was hot against my skin.

"Are you sure about this princess?" He whispered, "I don't want you to feel like you owe me this or something. Because you don't."

I rested my hands on both side of his face, "of course I want this, baby. It's just one shower."