Chapter 50 ♡

Chapter 50

(Kat's POV)

"The usual please," I spoke to the waiter of Floyd's, me and Carlee's favorite coffee shop.

Today, Carlee wasn't acting the same. Something about her mood made me think that she was ticked off about something, but I just didn't know what.

She hadn't ordered her daily coffee or started a conversation yet. So as her best friend, it only made sense for me to ask about what she was going through.

"You okay?" I asked her.

She suddenly looked up as if she were knocked out of a trans. "What? Yeah, fine."

"Don't lie to me."

She looked up at me with annoyance, but she knew I wasn't going to leave her alone. No matter how hard she tried to get rid of me.

She sighed, "am I a bad friend?"

"What?"

"That day that we were at the hospital, you told everyone that you didn't want our help because we don't care about you. Is that what you think?"

We were interrupted by the waiter who gave us our orders. Once he left, I turned back to her, "I was mad, it was nothing to get upset about."

"But I did," she looked down. "And I'm sorry, I'm really not there for you when you need me."

I laughed at her comment. "Oh come on Carlee, you're always here for me. You literally bailed me out of jail. When I said that at the hospital, it was directed towards dad and Cora, not you or Jack. And besides, I couldn't think straight."

She looked relieved, but not all the way. But before she could bring it up again, I changed the subject.

"So how are you and Drew?"

Her eyes beamed and I was happy I brought something up that brought a smile to her face.

"He's amazing. He treats me like I'm so important, and it's so cute. You don't understand how much I love him Kat. He makes me so happy."

I was glad. After all of Carlee's other fake boyfriends, she deserved one that made her feel special. At least it would set her straight.

"What about you and Zayn?" She asked, catching my attention.

I looked at her confusedly. I hadn't told her about what happened to Zayn after he left the hospital. For all she knew, he was just another one of those guys who got annoyed and left without thinking.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh come on," she smirked. "Do you really think I bought that whole "I'm leaving" bit? I can tell he loves you a lot Kat, and he won't leave your side just because of what your dad said."

I wasn't surprised at how well she knew me, but this was Zayn we were talking about. How the hell did she know about Zayn? To be honest, when Zayn left the first time, even I believed him.

But she was Carlee, she was always something special.

"So," she broke my thoughts, "what's happening between you two?"

I shrugged, taking a sip of my coffee. "Whatever is happening, dad doesn't know about it."

She gasped, "again Kat?"

"What?"

"Do you know what he'll do if he finds out again?"

I nodded, looking around the cafe to see barely anyone else. Just the way I liked it. The familiar waiters were in the middle of a card game.

"He won't find out though," I replied.

"What if?"

"Then we'll just have to see what happens."

She ran a hand through a hair worriedly, making direct eye contact with me. "You're taking too many chances."

I looked away from her and out the window. "I know."

"I'm confused on how you guys even meet."

Now I turned to her and beamed, as if she just asked me the most interesting question. "He sneaks in through my window and at night, we just go places."

She raised an eyebrow, "like where?"

"Parties, diners, gas stations, or we just go around in his motorcycle doing nothing."

She looked at me confusedly, as if she didn't recognize me. I stared back at her, reassuring her that I knew everything.

"You're really in love with this boy, aren't you?" She asked.

I smiled, my silence was all she needed to confirm her thoughts.

***

"You're listening to 103.6 FM B.U.R.N. radio, this is Kat hoping you have a safe night London."

I finished my first day of working at the station, and it was undescribable. They were stunned that I went from modeling from a huge agency to this, and they decided to let me try out. I was scared, like I was about modeling, but there's a first time for everything.

Zayn was standing outside of the recording studio, crossing his arms over his chest and watching me, a smile plastered on his face. He clapped as I finished, giving me a thumbs up.

Zayn walked though the door, "that was wonderful."

My heart was still beating, "really? I don't know, I think it wasn't good enough."

He pressed his lips firmly to my forehead, "you were perfect."

I looked over his shoulder to see the boss, a young guy around twenty, walking in through the door. He was a tall brunette named Alex, and by the short time I knew him, I already liked him better than Gusto.

"That was great!" He beamed.

"Thanks," I replied.

"It's surprising how well you're doing considering the fact that you have no experience with this stuff."

I shrugged, "I guess I'm a fast learner."

"All the better," he said. Then he extended his hand out to me. "Kat, you've got the job for sure."

I beamed and shook his hand rapidly before he started explaining the details to me. Once he was finished and Zayn and I left the station, Zayn was ecstatic.

"I'm so proud of you babe," he spoke as we walked to his car.

I searched around to make sure that there was no Caroline watching us. "Thank you Zayn," I said to him.

We sat in the car and I noticed that he too was looking for something. Or keeping an eye out for someone.

----------

It would mean a lot for you to leave feedback, vote, and follow me. Remember, it takes hours for me to write, and seconds for you to vote. :) ily.

Follow me on Twitter! @mindofballoons