Chapter 82 ♡

Chapter 82:

(Zayn's POV)

Kat shut the bedroom door behind her, getting ready to take her shower. I sighed happily, realizing immediately how lucky I was to have her.

I began to unbutton my shirt, taking it off and throwing it on the couch. I had on my tank top, but because of how hot it was in the apartment, I had to take off the shirt.

I was going to go watch TV until she came out when I was interupted by a knock on the door. My eyes flew to the clock when I realized that it was a most 10:30. Who could be here at this time?

Once I opened the door, I realized that I had found my answer.

"May I come in?" Kat's Dad asked, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

My heart stopped but I showed no sign of nervousness as I replied. "Do you need something?"

He took in a breath, "just wanted to talk to you about something."

I looked at him, trying to read his facial expression. But unlike Kat, I could tell that he was good at lying. "What do you need to talk about?"

He kept himself from glaring at me, but did repeat with a certain venom in his voice this time, "may I come in?"

I stared at him, then sighed, moving aside to let him in. Even though I knew I shouldn't have when Kat was also here, but what was the worst that could happen?

I wasn't scared of him.

"Zayn," he started standing in front of me, "how many times do I have to tell you to stay away from my daughter?"

I smirked, knowing it would annoy him as I went and took a seat on the stool in front of the counter. I faced him and said, "you saw yourself that Cora invited me to sit with you guys."

"I know," he spat, his tone becoming more angrier. "But do you think I didn't see when you two went out back before the party started?"

I took in a sharp breath. Shit.

"And you must think I'm blind if you think I didn't see the way you guys were talking to each other when you thought I wasn't paying attention," he added.

Before I knew it, I had realized both of my eyebrows at him. "You're a clever man."

"Not sure clever is the word, son." He now glared at me, "I think the correct thing to say is that I'm not blind."

I shrugged, leaning against the counter. "I don't understand why you have such a big problem with this if you know she's happy with me."

He raised his eyebrows, laughing in a mocking tone. "Sure, you can make her happy. But do you think that one month she was depressed and not eating correctly, smoking when she thought I didn't notice, drinking whenever I was not around, do you think that was nothing?"

I glared at him. He was smarter than both what Kat and I had known.

"I'm not going to lie, you can make her happy. But you can also hurt her so badly, Zayn. And I can't let that happen," he shook his head.

I tilted my head, "if you knew she was depressed that month, why didn't you help her?"

"Because she wouldn't tell me what was wrong, she wouldn't let me in. Because of you, asshole."

I sucked in a breath as he said, "you caused her so much pain, Zayn. I'm not going to let you do that to her again."

I rolled my eyes, "you don't exactly make her happy either."

Without warning, he knocked the vase that was sitting on my side table, on to the floor. I didn't flinch, knowing that he would do that from last time.

"You can't tell me what I have to do with my own daughter!" He shouted, "do you understand?!"