Chapter 48 ♡

Chapter 48

(Zayn's POV)

Within a short amount of time, Kat was completely drunk. There was absolutely no sense of reality left in her.

She had always been a light drinker, so a few shots were enough to knock her out of her senses. She accidentally drank more than just one bottle, and I tried to stop her, but she wasn't listening. I drank just one bottle, not in the mood of drinking. But I guess she was overly excited about her apartment lease, and I didn't have the will to stop her.

"Let's go dance!" She whined now, tugging on my arm.

I wrapped my arm around her waist tightly, "not right now, Kat. There are too many people."

She pouted, bringing her bottom lip out. "Please baby?"

I sighed, "no Kat."

I wasn't going to dance in front of all these drunk people. It was a different thing when I danced with her the first time I met her, I had nothing to loose then. She didn't know me.

But now she knew me, and dancing with her would risk the chance I had with her. Because I couldn't dance. Not while I was drunk, and definitely not while I was sober.

She pushed me back against the kitchen counter. I was startled, but reminded myself that she was drunk.

"You're no fun."

"I know," I smirked.

She rolled her eyes, I loved teasing her. "What's the point of coming to a party if we're not having any fun?"

I shrugged, then pressed her against the wall. Her eyes moved down to look at my lips and she bit her lip.

I heard a group of girls walking into the kitchen. They all looked at us, but Kat and I didn't take our eyes off each other.

I leaned in to kiss her but she covered my lips with her hand.

"If you kiss me, we have to go dance."

I pulled away from her and crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't think so."

She scoffed at me and said, "I hate you." Then she turned around and walked to the other side of the kitchen, grabbing another bottle.

A smirk tugged at my lips as I watched her struggle to pop open the bottle. She was annoyed as I watched her until she turned and grabbed the opener. She popped the bottle open and brought it to her lips.

As she drank it, the group of girls that had walked in earlier came in front of me. There were three of them, all of them had smirks on their faces.

"Hey," one girl said. She had blond hair and a lot of makeup. Everything about her looked so fake, even her accent sounded fake.

"Hello," I replied, emotionless.

The red head of the group said, "we saw what happened with you and that girl." The way she said "that girl" made me want to hit her in the face. But I didn't.

"She's pretty stupid to reject you like that. If I were her, I would've done much more than just kiss you." The brunette winked at me.

I could only imagine how the situation looked from their point of views. For all they knew, they probably thought that I was just some drunk guy who wanted to have fun with an innocent girl. But they didn't even know half of it.

"You've got it all wrong-"

"Well it doesn't matter because we're here now," the blond interrupted.

I peeked over and saw Kat watching the scene, pure anger in her eyes. She put the bottle against her lips but didn't break eye contact with the situation.