Chapter 43 ♡

I'm dedicating this to my best reader @AlizahZahid ! You should all follow her because she's the sweetest person you will ever meet. I love you babe. Double updating just for you. <3

AND ON A SIDE NOTE, 2K READERS !!! IM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.

----------

Chapter 43

(Zayn's POV)

Mark and I stood outside of the room. I hated leaving Kat inside but what choice did I have?

"Alright Zayn," Mark started, "what's your problem? Why aren't you leaving Kat alone?"

I stuffed my hands inside my pockets, "why should I leave her? I love her and she loves me."

He laughed, "you kids know nothing about love. All you do is date for a couple of weeks and you call it love."

Kat and I had been dating for about six months now, not a couple of weeks.

But he continued, "and besides, you don't think I'm going to let you see her again, do you?"

"And you don't think I'm going to let that stop me," I raised an eyebrow, "do you?"

He glared at me, obviously agitated. "I'm not going to let someone like you near my daughter. I mean, look at yourself. You drive a motorcycle, you treat your body like a coloring book, you smoke, and you've probably been to jail a couple of times."

How very stereotypical of him. I've been to jail only once, and that too, with Kat.

"Now tell me Zayn," he said to me, "would you want your daughter hanging around someone like you?"

"I wouldn't want my daughter hanging around with the person you just described. But if she were to hang around with someone like me, I wouldn't stop her."

Now he got annoyed. He stormed to me and said in a low but harsh voice, "I will call the cops on you."

"By telling them what?" I was amused.

"I don't care! I can make up shit to get you in jail."

"Well just to let you know," I replied easily, "it's going to take much more than a simple threat to take Kat away from me."

He stood there, frozen at my words.

"Why don't you want me around Kat anyways?" I continued, "I've been protecting her. I've been helping her. Hell, I was the one who convinced her to talk to you just a few minutes ago."

"You're taking her away from reality Zayn," he said seriously, "she won't always have someone to protect her. She can't just quit a job if she doesn't like it. She can't avoid me because I don't like you. You may not even know it Zayn, but you're hurting her by making her happy."

I passed him a confused look. Honestly, I had no idea what the hell he just said. I was hurting her by making her happy?

"That makes no sense." I replied truthfully.

He shook his head, "you'll understand one day. But for now, I need you to leave. I don't want you around my daughter."

I smiled at him, which I knew would drive him insane. Then, shoved passed him and walked back into the room.

"Zayn!" He shouted, his voice echoing in the room as I walked in.

I knew he was following me, but I didn't mind. I made my way towards Kat, sitting in the empty seat beside her.

"Zayn! Did you not hear me?" Mark stormed into the room, shouting at me.

I took Kat's hand into mine and smiled down at her. She was looking around, worried at what her dad was yelling about. But I ignored him.