Chapter 75 ♡

Chapter 75

(Kat's POV)

"There is this huge Valentine's Day party happening at this faternity house I know of, who's going?" Carlee squeaked, obviously excited.

"No parties," Zayn said, "I'm done with those."

I shrugged, "I agree. Not on Valentine's Day."

Carlee picked up her coffee and blew in the cup. She looked at us and rolled her eyes, "you guys are so boring."

"I know," I smirked as she leaned her head on Drew's shoulder as he sat beside her.

"Drew is going, and that's all that should matter. Right?" I asked, putting her on the spot purposely.

She groaned, "of course! But it's just that whenever you and I didn't have boyfriends, we always went to stupid parties like this together. I don't want to break the ritual."

I sighed, "you are such a drama queen. Remember when you dated Peter Coleman? He made you leave me behind. The ritual was broken then."

"The ritual didn't exist then," she stated. "And we never speak of Peter Coleman. Ever."

I giggled, remembering what a douche he was. We were sitting in Flloyd's coffee shop, Carlee and I's everyday Wednesday morning routine, featuring Zayn and Drew. Jack was supposed to be here but he had a breakfast date with the same girl he met at that frat party. They really had been hitting it off lately. And I was happy for him, and for me.

I turned to Zayn and said, "if you want to go, then we can go. Otherwise, I don't really care."

His cheeks heated up as he reached to the back of his neck with his hand and began to rub it nervously, "I kind of...um...have something else planned for us. It was supposed to be a surprise."

I raised both of my eyebrows, "really?"

He nodded, "but I'm not telling you what. You'll just have to wait two days to find out."

Carlee gasped, capturing everyone's attention. Then she turned to Drew and squinted at him, "why don't I get a surprise?"

He chuckled nervously, "who says I don't have one for you already?"

Carlee rolled her eyes, "whatever. We are going to the frat party. And since it's a costume party, I'm picking out your costume."

Drew turned to Zayn, "thanks a lot, mate."

Zayn laughed, "anytime."

"I can't believe that you aren't going," Carlee sighed, obviously still frustrated.

"It's okay, it's just one stupid party," I said.

She shrugged, "true, but they aren't really stupid until you're drunk."

I giggled, "me?"

She nodded.

"But she can't get drunk again," Zayn immediately said.

Carlee crossed her arms over her chest, "why is that?"

Zayn looked at me, grew wide eyed, then turned back to Carlee. "Too much attention, and a lot of those are guys."

She rolled her eyes, "you're so overprotective."

I shrugged, "at least it's something."

Just then, Drew's phone rang. Everyone faced him as he picked it up and said, "hello?"

Someone was yelling at Drew on the other line and it sounded like a woman. Both Carlee and I looked at each other and shrugged. Then, Drew said, "I'm sorry mom. Chill out. I'll be right there."