Chapter 47 ♡

Chapter 47

(Kat's POV)

"I'll miss you," dad said while giving me one last hug.

I smiled at him, "I'll miss you too."

Dad and Cora were going off to their honeymoon in Paris. Therefore, I had three full weeks to myself. And I knew exactly how to spend it.

I noticed Cora nudging dad while eyeballing him. He stared at her for a moment before saying, "oh yeah, I almost forgot!"

He reached into his coat pocket and got out an envelope. "We got you a present since we aren't going to be here on Christmas."

I also forgot to mention that there is only one week left till Christmas and I'm supposed to be spending it alone. But I knew who I was really going to spend it with.

I took the envelope from his hand and began opening it. Once I ripped the envelope open, I started to read the paper.

It was titled "Apartment Lease", and I started beaming. Without even reading the whole thing, I attacked Dad and Cora with a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed.

They both laughed as I pulled away. "We decided to rent an apartment for you," Cora started, "since you've had a tough time recently. But you'll still have to earn money, we only paid for three months. Okay?"

I nodded rapidly, speechless.

"We'll start moving in when come back. You can start packing your stuff but I don't want you to do any heavy lifting, you just got off your crutches."

"Okay," I lied, "I won't."

After a while of directions on what to do while they're gone, they finally left. I waved them a final goodbye before making sure they were gone. I ran across the street and opened Zayn's door, remembering what he said about walking in if I needed to.

Surprisingly, it was unlocked so I walked right in. He wasn't anywhere in sight but I searched the apartment. I opened his room door and found him asleep with sketch pencils and paper all around him.

I moved all of his stuff, being careful not to mess up the drawing he was working on, and sat on the bed.

"Zayn," I spoke.

He let out a tiny snore but didn't wake up. I laughed at how adorable he was then retried. "Zayn!"

He still didn't budge so I bent down and placed a kiss on his forehead. His eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty."

He smiled at the sight of me and rubbed his eyes. "Hey sweetheart."

I smiled back, "you know you should really lock the door while sleeping, it's not safe."

He sat up. "Then how would you get in?"

I laughed, "I'll find a way."

He leaned in and brushed my lips with his before saying, "anything new?"

I nodded, "Cora and dad leased an apartment for me!"

"Really?!" His eyes beamed, "that's great babe!"

He pressed his lips against mine once more. After pulling away he said, "when are you moving out?"

I shrugged, "they said to wait for them to come back after three weeks for me to start, but I want to start now."

"Three weeks alone?" His eyes brightened with realization, "That's it, you're staying with me for the time being." He reached over and set my papers to the side then pulled me beside him.

I giggled, "babe."

He faced me and kissed my nose, causing another giggle to escape my lips. "Do you know what this means?"

"What?"

"We have three weeks all to ourselves. Nobody can bother us, nobody can tell us to go away, and no sneaking in through windows at 3 am."

I smiled, "let's just hope these weeks don't go by quickly."

"Hopefully not," he agreed.

-----

"Hop on," Zayn said, pointing to his motorcycle.

He was taking me to some party tonight, telling me that we needed to celebrate. I didn't object, instead just obeying his command.

He and I both climbed on the motorcycle. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he started driving.

The cold wind swept past my hair and I grabbed on to him tightly. I rested my head against his chest and shut my eyes.

It was a long time before we arrived at an overcrowded frat house. The music so loud I could hear it from outside. Zayn and I walked towards the house, seeing a couple making out against a tree. Beer bottles scattered the walkway and Zayn made sure I was extra careful.

When we walked in, Zayn walked towards a tall guy. He was tattooed up, his brown curly hair scattered on the top of his head, and he had his arms around a tinier boy who I recognized as Louis from the party we went to earlier.

"Zayn!" The boy and Louis shouted at the same time.

"Hey guys," Zayn smiled.

Louis looked at Harry, something about their posture told me they were more than friends. "Harry, this is Kat, Zayn's girlfriend."

He smiled warmly at me. A smile like that wouldn't be expected from a boy like him. "Hey there," he held his hand out for me to shake, "I'm Harry."

"Kat," I replied, quickly shaking his hand.

After someone called their names, they excused themselves. I turned to Zayn and smiled, "they're so cute together."

He didn't notice what I said, instead wrapping his arm around my waist. I noticed his stare hardening, his posture stiffening, and his eyes wandering. He'd turn into protective Zayn again.

He walked me to the corner of the crowded room.

"Zayn," he turned down to look at me. "Loosen up, we're at a party."

"What do you mean? I am loosened up."

I giggled, "no Zayn, you're not. You know what? Let's go have a drink, it'll do the job."

He debated the idea for a while but when I was basically begging him, he finally gave in. We walked to the kitchen, noticing that there was many others like us.

There were broken bottles on the floor, glass scattered on the floor. He looked around the crowded kitchen before declaring, "on second thought, let's go somewhere else to celebrate."

I laughed at him and broke his grasp. I hopped over some glass and across the kitchen to the fridge. I took out two beer bottles and hopped back.

He had a stern look on his face, "Kat."

I handed him a bottle, "I'm fine, let's drink."

He stared at me for a while before finally taking the bottle. He popped them open for us and brought it to his lips as I did the same.

----------

It would mean a lot for you to leave feedback, vote, and follow me. Remember, it takes hours for me to write, and seconds for you to vote. :) ily.

Follow me on Twitter! @mindofballoons