Chapter 81 ♡

Chapter 81:

(Kat's POV)

"Where are we going?" I asked Carlee once Jack backed out of the driveway.

"To the hottest new club in town," she said, using the mirror in front of her to touch up her lipstick. "The Wild."

"Oh I heard of that place," Zayn chimed in, "I hear it's pretty sick."

"You heard right," Carlee chimed.

Zayn leaned back against the seat and smiled to himself. I placed my hand on his leg and looked at him, "what?"

He sighed in bliss, "just happy to have left without getting caught."

"Yeah," Jack spoke from the front seat, "that was a close one."

"I seriously though you guys were going to get caught," Carlee added.

I shrugged, "we're really good at hiding, I guess."

"For how much longer?" Jack asked, throwing both Zayn and I off.

Zayn grabbed my hand in reassurance and said to Jack, "as long as it takes."

I stared at him, noticing his jaw tightened. His hand was wrapped tightly around mine, holding on so that I wouldn't drift apart. His stare was fixed on Jack, but Jack didn't notice. It took one second for Zayn to realize how I reacted to that question, and he did everything he could to reassure me that everything was going to be fine. Even when he wasn't talking to me.

"Whatever you say, boss," Jack said, dismissing the subject rather quickly. "Is Drew going to be there?" He asked Carlee.

"Duh," she beamed.

Jack nodded, "so is Melanie."

"Who?" Both Carlee and I said at the same time.

"Melanie," Jack repeated as if it made total sense. "The girl you guys made me talk to at that frat party once."

My eyes widened, "really Jack! That's great."

He shrugged, "well, yeah. I guess it is."

Carlee slapped his shoulder, "I knew you could hit it off with her. I think I'm phsycic."

"From just this once?" Jack chuckled, "I don't think so."

"No," Carlee placed a hand on her heart, pretending to be hurt. "Just so you know, Kat and Zayn wouldn't be together if it weren't for me."

Zayn chuckled as I said, "that's true."

"How?" Jack asked, suddenly curious.

"I invited him to my birthday party and they met there," she grinned. "I guess you can call me The Matchmaker."

I giggled as Jack parked in front of the club. It was packed because it was a Friday night. Once we got out of the car and walked towards the club, Drew stood outside and saw us, meeting with Carlee before wishing me a happy birthday. Then, we walked inside after showing our IDs.

Once inside, Zayn placed a protective arm around my waist, like always. I stayed by his side as we charged through the crowd. At this point, we had lost everyone else in the mass of dancing bodies around us. But once Zayn and I had made it to the bar, everyone was there; including Melanie.

Jack introduced her to everyone, and she just smiled and said hi to us. She seemed like a nice girl, and I was happy to see that Jack was moving on from me.

Once we ordered our drinks, I was surprised by when Zayn tapped his glass, yelling over the loud music, "can I have your attention, please?!"

I looked up at him, confused. He wasn't one to draw attention to himself. When I noticed people stop dancing and look over at him, I realized what he was about to do. My cheeks turned red as I grinned up at him.