Chapter 53 ♡

Chapter 53

(Kat's POV)

"Let's end the night with one of the Christmas classics, all I want for Christmas is you by Mariah Carey." I spoke into the mike before hitting the button to play it.

I was at the radio station, finishing up my last shift of Christmas Eve. Zayn and I both had work today, but we were released at the same time. Caroline was out of town this week, so that meant we didn't have to be as secretive while we worked. But I remembered what dad had told me, "more than just Caroline will have their eyes on you", and I always got a bit terrified remembering that.

Anyways, Christmas was tomorrow and I was spending it with Zayn. Mom had told me that her and her family were going out of town to see her in laws. She didn't even bother inviting me, already knowing my answer. Instead, she just invited me to come the week after she came back, to "hang out". Still, I was a bit hurt by this. But anyways, I was spending Christmas with Zayn. Which was better than anything.

"I hope you enjoyed that. From B.U.R.N radio, this is Kat wishing you all a merry Christmas." I said the last words before hitting the stop button.

Alex gave me a thumbs up from behind the glass as I walked up to him. "Great show," he complimented.

I smiled at him, grabbing my phone from the counter. "Thank you very much."

He reached over and shut the "on air" button. "You heading home?" He asked.

I nodded, "what about you?"

"Gotta go home for the holidays, finally."

He shut the studio as he and I started towards the door. "I'll see you after Christmas," I said to him as we both took our separate ways.

"You too," he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Merry Christmas, Kat."

"Merry Christmas Alex," I waved to him.

I watched as he turned left and walked towards his car. I, on the other hand, turned right and walked into "The One and Only", Caroline's place. I walked inside to see everyone locking up. Zayn was at his piano, collecting his last papers. Louis was cleaning the counters, some other people were stacking the chairs. Everyone was so busy, they didn't notice when I walked inside.

I walked over to Zayn, but he didn't see me, he was looking down at his piano. "Excuse me, sir?" I asked him.

He immediately looked up, thinking it was a customer, but softened when it was me. He smiled, "yes ma'am?"

"Do you know where to find Zayn, he's my ride home?"

He walked over to me, pecking my lips before saying, "haven't heard of him."

Our attention was taken by the opening of the front door. In walked Harry, he held a cake in one hand, and balloons in the other.

"Everyone, stop what you're doing, we've got a birthday song to sing!" He announced.

Zayn took my hand as everyone in the restaurant walked over. "It's Louis' birthday," Zayn whispered to me. I watched as Louis walked over to Harry and smiled huge. "Happy birthday babe," Harry said to him before pressing his lips to Louis'.

Once they pulled apart, Harry clapped his hands. "Alright everyone, on the count of three, let's start to sing."

Harry counted to three and everyone began singing Happy birthday to Louis. He was blushing, and Harry wrapped his arms around his waist. "Happy birthday to you!" Everyone finished.

"Thank you everyone," Louis grinned.

After a while of exchanging birthday presents and wishes, everyone started to leave. Louis was so happy for what Harry did, his smile didn't disappear for a second.