Chapter 85 ♡

Chapter 85:

(Kat's POV)

It was our fourth day in our new home and I could only imagine what was going on back at home. But I didn't care. Zayn and I were sleeping on mattresses, eating ramen, and playing Mario Kart better than we ever have.

Anyways, Zayn and I both had a job interview today; at the same place. Luckily, a new uptown library opened up and Zayn and I both applied. We didn't plan on working together, but the library had two available openings and we decided to shoot for it together.

"How do I look?" Zayn asked, straightening his white shirt.

I walked up to him, folding his collar down. "Perfect."

He smirked and leaned down, "and you look beautiful as always."

I rolled my eyes but smiled despite myself. "We can't be late so let's go."

"Good luck kiss?" He asked innocently.

I leaned up and kissed his lips briefly, "now let's go."

He chuckled and grabbed the keys off of the counter before both of us started walking out the door. We hopped into the elevator. I hit the first floor button and as the elevator began to close, someone stopped the doors and came in. A man who looked my Dad's age stumbled in, out of breath. He looked like a complete mess but he didn't seem to mind, instead he leaned against the elevator.

"What floor?" Zayn asked him, draping an arm around my waist and pulling me towards himself.

"First," his heavy British accent replied.

The elevators door closed whilst the man slowly composed himself. He straightened his blazer then turned his attention on me. I quickly moved closer to Zayn as a smirk appeared on the man's face. Disgusting.

Zayn took notice and shot him an angry glare, but the man didn't notice. Zayn pressed me towards him and pulled a piece of hair behind my ear. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "is he bothering you?"

I gulped at his possessive tone, "it's fine. We're about to get out anyways."

"I don't care," he whispered, "is he bothering you?"

"Newly weds?" The man interrupted, a amused smile on his face.

"Yes," Zayn lied, "so I would appriciate it if you took your eyes off of my wife."

The man held his hands up in surrender, "oh don't worry about it. I was just checking. Did you guys just move here?"

"Yeah."

The man nodded, a smirk still on his lips. "No wonder I didn't notice her- I mean you guys before."

Zayn's jaw tensed but I just held onto his arms. I knew Zayn would beat the living shit out of him, and I didn't want him kicked out of the complex. We just got here anyways.

The elevator let out a ding, telling us that our floor had arrived. The man smiled at us, "see you around." Then he left, but Zayn's eyes followed him like a hawk stalks a prey.

"Relax," I whispered.

Zayn looked down at me before taking my hand and storming out of the elevator. I sighed. When Zayn was in a bad mood, he wasn't the best person to talk to, let alone have an interview with. But as Zayn unlocked the car, I decided to change the subject.

"Newly Weds huh?" I asked.

He looked down at me, "I thought it'd be more persuasive than boyfriend and girlfriend."

I shrugged as I sat in the car. "I don't think I mind it that much."

He sat down in the car, a smirk played on his lips. "Oh yeah?"