Chapter 13 ♡

Chapter 13

(Kat's POV)

"I'll wash the dishes," I called to Zayn after we had finished eating. And I hate to say it, but I was so relieved to have a proper meal.

"It's fine, I got it." He smiled at me and began to pick up the dishes off the table.

As he reached for the plate, I placed my hand on his to stop him. "Please Zayn, you did all this for me, the least I can do is wash the dishes for you."

He chuckled a bit before saying, "alright, fine, you wash them, I'll dry them." I agreed to his terms and we both walked to the sink with dishes in our hands.

I turned on the water and began to wash the plate that I had eaten in.

"So," Zayn said, "are you gonna quit this whole modeling shit?"

I turned to him, my hand still scrubbing the plate, as I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie to him, and I'm afraid that telling the truth wouldn't be any easier.

"Um," I looked back at the plate, knowing that if I wasn't looking at him it would be a lot easier. "I don't know. I'm planning on keeping it."

I was ready for him to attack me with a lecture on why I should quit, but instead he stayed silent as I passed him a dish to dry. "I mean, Cora really wants me to keep this job."

He turned to look at me, "but do you want to keep it?"

I didn't reply. In fact, I didn't know the answer to his question. Nobody really asks me that.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied without overthinking.

"Okay, then keep it." He looked back down, "but I hope you know that pleasing Cora or anyone else isn't the first priority. And if you keep this job then I better not see you losing any more weight. And if you do, I'm going over to Gusto and teaching him a lesson."

I giggled at him, "okay, I promise I won't." But the truth was, I wasn't sure myself if I had to lose any more weight, or how I would handle it. But whatever it was, I had to keep it away from Zayn.

"So," I turned off the running water after we had finished washing and drying the dishes, "does this officially count as our first date?"

He let out a chuckle, "that depends."

"On what?"

"If it we get to fit in a movie right about now." He smirked.

"Done and done," I smiled proudly at him.

"Okay then, go sit on the couch and I'll make the popcorn." He said walking towards the pantry.

Popcorn, of course. By the time I meet up with Gusto tomorrow, I'm already going to have my weight back. But I chose not to mind, I was too happy to worry about who's expectations I needed to fit.

I walked over and sat down on the couch, picking up the remote and turning the television on. I turned to netflix and searched for a movie, by the time Zayn had come and sat next to me with a huge bowl of popcorn in his hand, I still had no idea what we were going to watch.

After Zayn and I decided to settle on watching The Silver Linings Playbook. Zayn held out the popcorn for me to have but I just stared at it. I didn't want it, it would just add calories to my diet, but I couldn't tell that to Zayn, it would just make him upset. And I didn't want to do that.

I reached for some popcorn as the movie started and he smiled as I ate it. Well, a couple calories wouldn't hurt, especially if I got to see that smile.