Chapter 4 ♡

Chapter 4

(Kat's POV)

"Jack!" I squealed, he ran to me pulling me into a hug.

Jack was one of my closest friends. Closer than Carlee, you could say. He had invited Carlee and I too lunch since I had refused dinner because of Zayn but I didn't tell Jack or Carlee that. I had a feeling that they would decline my friendship with him.

Jack had been out of town for his grandmothers birthday in Cheshire so he couldn't make it to Carlee's birthday. Therefore, he invited us out to lunch.

He took us out to the Pizza Palace and I avoided eating a lot so that I still had an appetite for dinner with Zayn.

We sat at the center table with red leather seats. Loud music played through the huge stereos at the left side of the room. By the multiple times we had came to this restaurant, all the employees knew us. Most women waitress, were especially interested in Jack.

I wouldn't blame them, Jack was adorable. A mop of dirty blond curls set on his head, his dark blue eyes were the deepest shade of blue I had ever seen. He had the cutest dimple dug into his left cheek. Not to mention his cheeky and sweet personality, he was just so easy to become friends with.

I even dated him once after a year into our friendship, but dumped him one month later when I realized that our friendship was becoming awkward and it might ruin it.

When I had broken up with him, he'd become more aware of everything around me. That one month might have been the best month of our friendship yet. But I assumed that he accepted our short relationships end and moved on. At Least I had.

But for now, we had a platter of pizza in front of us as Jack pulled out a present for Carlee from his pocket.

He and Carlee were also friends but never as close as he and I were. It's just that she was much more talkative with him and knew how to talk to him so perfectly.

Carlee may have been my best friend, but that was one of the many things I envied about her, her bubbly personality. How easily she could just talked to anyone about anything. I had always wished I could do that. I mean, I could easily talk to someone who I knew for a while, but not just met. But, that's just me.

"Aww, thanks Jack!" Carlee said giving Jack a tight hug as she grasped onto his gift. He chuckled and accepted her hug gratefully. I sat there, wouldn't say awkwardly but not generally excitedly.

We started to talk about Jack's trip to Cheshire and how he barely enjoyed it without us there. But, he always said that when he went somewhere without us.

By this point we had finished eating our food and were just sitting there talking until Carlee had to go 'use the restroom' but we both knew it was to touch-up on her heavy load of mascara.

When Carlee had got up and left he turned to me and pulled one of his signature dimpled smirks. "Now that she's gone, how have you been Kat?"

I rolled my eyes but answered his question, "just fabulous. And you?"

"Amazing." He laughed then added, "but seriously Kat, what's up? Anything new in the everyday life of Katrina Desire?"

A quiet giggle escaped my throat, "Seriously. There isn't anything new in the my life since the couple weeks that you have been gone. What about you, Jack Biscoe?"

"Well," he thought about if for a couple of seconds, "oh! How was Carlee's party?"

I sighed at the horrible flashback that flew through my mind, "horrible. Worst party i've ever been to."

He raised an eyebrow, a quality of which I had always been jealous of because I had never been able to raise one eyebrow. "oh yeah? And how is that?"

"Well," I couldn't exactly explain my encounter with Zayn to him because he would've gotten defensive, so I went with the old, "It was so extremely boring."

I wasn't lying, which made it much easier to tell him, otherwise he would've completely figured out I was lying.

"Oh c'mon, it couldn't have been that bad." He took a sip of his coke can.

I laughed, "You should've been there. I even left early."

"Are you serious?!"

"Dead serious."

Carlee came back within a couple of minutes with another load of mascara on. I was never the one to wear pounds of makeup. Maybe a little mascara and a small amount of eyeliner but never like Carlee.

We had left the restaurant after ten more minutes. Jack had went home saying something about a movie with one of his friends and Carlee had to leave because she had shopping with her cousin. As for me, I had to be at dinner with Zayn

----------

Vote. Comment. And leave feedback. Love you. :)

Follow me on Twitter! @mindofballoons