Chapter 87 ♡

Chapter 87:

(Zayn's POV)

"Grace invited us to a dinner party that her dad's throwing. She told me that she really wanted us to come but I told her I had to ask you first," Kat said to me.

"Why?" I asked, pulling up into the driveway of a fast food restaurant.

"Because it's on Saturday," she said quietly.

I looked down. Saturday was Kat and I's special day, but I guess Grace invited us to a party. If Kat and I were going to stay here, we did need to get more friends. I guess we have to delay our day.

"It's fine," I said to her. "We can go. I mean, we always have Sunday."

Kat's eyes beamed as she leaned in and kissed me. "Thanks babe."

I laughed and watched as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "I'll go get the sandwiches. You stay in here."

"I'll go in," I argued with her.

She opened the car door, "too late. I'm going in."

"I'll come in with y-"

"Babe," she laughed, grabbing her purse. "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I can order a couple of sandwiches on my own."

I smiled at her, "alright Kat."

She smiled back and got out of the car, closing the passenger door behind her. I watched her go inside while my phone started ringing. I didn't pick up the phone until I was sure she was inside. Once she was, I picked up the phone and saw Carlee written on the caller ID.

"Hey, Carlee," I said once I picked up.

"Hey Zayn," she whispered, "is Kat there?"

"She went inside to get food for us," I told her, "why? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," she breathed out. "Actually, no. Everything isn't okay. Um, Mark is freaking out. He doesn't know where Kat is and he is blaming you."

I sighed. "Well, did you tell him anything?"

"No, no. I didn't. But he's thinking about contacting the police. I don't know what to do." She sounded very worried. Maybe we shouldn't have told her.

"Listen, Carlee. Whatever you do, don't tell anyone. And just try to convince Mark not to contact the police. Just convince him that Kat will come home soon I guess."

"Yeah," she said, "that's a good idea. But Zayn?"

"Yeah?"

"When are you guys planning to come back?"

I shut my eyes, "not sure. I don't think any of us are willing to come back right now."

"Okay," she whispered. "Just take care of her."

"I promise," I said. "I won't let her out of my sight."

It was silent for a while until she said, "Mom's coming. Tell Kat I said hi. I have to go."

"Yeah," I said to her. "Take care."

"You too." She said before hanging up.

As if on cue, I watched Kat walk out of the restaurant. She opened the car door and sat inside, placing the bag of food on her lap.

"Told you I could do it," she smiled.

I looked down, not knowing if I should tell her about her dad or not. She must've noticed because she said, "anything wrong?"

I looked up at her and shook my head, leaning in to kiss her. Then I smiled, starting the car. "Everything is a-ok."

I saw her raise her eyebrows at me from the corner of my eye but I tried not to pay attention. I drove all the way home in silence, and she didn't ask any questions. But once we were in the elevator of our flat, she couldn't stay quiet.