Chapter 83 ♡

Chapter 83:

(Kat's POV)

"Excuse me, are you Katrina Desire?" I heard a woman say.

My head shot up at her voice, my heart starting to beat uncontrollably. I stood up off the hospital chair and went up to her. "Yes."

She looked at me, then looked around, "is anyone else coming?"

I shook my head quickly, wanting her to cut to the chase. But it had to be surprising that I was the only person that was here for Zayn. I didn't want to call his mom because I didn't want to worry her. I would just wait for Zayn's permission.

"Alright, it seems that Mr. Malik has lost a lot of blood," she said in a monotone voice. My heart stopped beating until she said, "but luckily, his blood type is very common so we did have a lot of donations lying around."

I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was even holding. But I was still shaking with fear.

"We did surgery on him and took out the bullet and injected more blood into his body so he should be fine," she spoke. "The gash where the bullet went in is very deep and it will take months to heal."

I swallowed hard, holding back more tears.

"He will be okay," she declared. "And we gave him an IV shot and he should be awake in ten or twenty minutes. You can go see him."

My heart rose and my eyes beamed, I could finally go see him.

"But," she said, stopping my heart once again, "we do have to ask him about how he got shot. Do you have any clue how?"

I knew, of course I knew. I should've told her that my father shot him, but I couldn't. I didn't know what happened before I came so I didn't know the whole story.

And after all, he's still my dad.

"No," I spoke, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Okay," she spoke, not actually believing me. "When he awakes, we want you to ask him what happened. Ask him if he wants to hold a case against whoever did this. If he does, we will have an officer come in and ask him some questions. And if not, then we will dismiss the argument. Alright?"

I nodded, eager to go see him.

She obviously saw the excitement on my face so and said, "you can go ahead and see him."

I smiled, "thank you."

I raced past her and into the hospital room where Zayn was sleeping. Once inside, I quietly shut the door behind me before running to his side. I quickly pulled the seat from behind the machines next to his bed and sat on it, taking his hands in mine.

"I'm sorry," I cried, even though I knew he couldn't hear me.

I intertwined his motionless fingers into mine, wanting nothing more than to feel the warmth that his presence allowed me. I stared at him with his eyes shut, tears forming in my eyes once again. My eyes focused on the bandage that was wrapped around his arm, covering his aching spot. I held his hand out and kissed his fingertips, trying to make him comfortable in his unconcious state.

The amount of hatred I felt towards Dad right now was undescribable. I don't know what Zayn did to Dad that he hated so much. I wished that I came a minute earlier so that I could've prevented this from happening. At this point, I wouldn't care if Zayn wanted to hold a trial against dad for this.

When Dad had shot the gun, I thought it had went inside Zayn's chest. For a split second, I had thought that I lost him. My whole entire world fell apart within those moments. When Zayn had kissed me before fainting, he acted like it was his last time. My heart stopped beating for a long time, and I thought I had lost him even though I knew it wasn't possible.