Chapter 3 ♡

Chapter 3

(Kat's POV)

My eyes adjusted the the morning light pouring through my window and into the bedroom. I rubbed my eyes, sitting up on my bed. Suddenly, last night's memories came flooding back into my mind, causing me to groan. They definitely weren't the greatest memories.

Getting up off my bed, I walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed into some fresh clothes then walked over and took my phone off the charger to see 15 missed calls and texts from Carlee. I quickly dialed her number and pressed call.

She answered on the first bell, then let out a huge breath of relief. "Kat! Oh my God! I was so worried!"

"I'm fine," I said, smiling a bit, "phone just died. How was the party?"

"Could've been better."

"You're telling me," I mumbled to myself but she heard and laughed.

"Did you bump into the guy from last night? The one that you danced with?" She asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows. How did she know I was looking for him without me having to tell her? But my surprise didn't last long. Carlee knew me better than I knew myself.

"Nope. I don't think I'm ever going to see him again." I sighed, "He left without even giving me his name or number. Who knows where he is, I mean-"

"He lives right in front of you dork," she interrupted.

I almost choked on the air, "what?!"

"Yeah, you know the new apartments they just built in front of your house? He lives in the flat directly in front of your house. First floor."

I was surprised at how much she knew about him. "Stalker much?"

She laughed, "No, I bumped into him at Starbucks, so we had a little chat and I invited him."

I ran towards my large room window and spotted him. I felt a smirk play on my lips, "bingo."

I saw him at the back of a Uhaul truck, closing the large doors. He shouted something to the driver and the truck left the alley. He lifted his water bottle to his mouth as every muscle in his body worked. His white tank top was drenched in sweat, making it stick to his body. I bit my lip and noticed his biceps as he brought the bottle back down, sweat rolling down his forehead. He squinted into the light, but his bright, hazel eyes were still noticible.

I knew I shouldn't have, but I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I have never seen a man so perfect before. He looked like he belonged in some alternate universe that I could never get into. Hot wasn't even the word to describe him, he was beautiful.

"Found him?" Carlee asked from the other line, disturbing my very explicit daydream. I almost forgot she was there.

"Uh, yeah," I sucked in a breath, and before I could stop myself, I said, "wow."

"Yeah, he's hot but he's bad news." She replied almost instantly.

My staring was disrupted by her comment. "What do you mean?"

"I've heard stuff about him, and trust me, they weren't good things."

"What type of things?" I soon became curious, but I couldn't help but feel as if my stomach sank. Don't be a douche, don't be a douche. Come on, you're so hot.

"He gets into shitloads of fights, Kat," she explained. "And he's been through many, many girls. Don't be one of them."

I rolled my eyes, "how do you even know that? He just moved here."