Chapter 90 ♡

For reaching 100k reads. You guys made my life. :D 💖

----------

Chapter 90:

(Kat's POV)

I walked into the flat, my head flooding with thoughts. Tigger ran to my feet, circling them. I smiled, slipping my shoes off and putting my coat on the rack. Zayn was sitting on the couch, watching New Girl, either not knowing I was there or ignoring me.

I bent down and picked Tigger up, petting him. He always knew when I was upset and cuddled with me when no one would. Not even Zayn.

"How are you bud?" I asked Tigger, walking over to the couch.

Zayn looked over me then quickly looked back at the TV. I quietly sat down beside him, but not close. We were both on opposite sides of the couch, as far away as we could be.

Tigger started running back and forth on the couch between Zayn and I, in a rather playful mood for the current situation. Zayn grabbed him because he got irritated and set him on the floor. It only took about a second for Tigger to hop back onto the couch, this time only around Zayn. He had probably sensed something that was wrong with Zayn by now and tried to solve it.

"Stop it, buddy," Zayn said once Tigger started playfully clawing his shirt. "I'm not in the mood."

I looked down and started fiddling with my fingers. Tigger ran to my lap and brushed the top of his head to my chin, purring. He was trying to cheer both of us up. Cutie.

I kissed his fur and smiled at him, "thank you Tigger. You're the best."

He circled around in my lap before he sat down. I looked up at the TV and quietly started watching, thinking of the many ways I could start conversation with Zayn.

Maybe I should tell him that I called his mom. Or maybe I should tell him I regretted everything that had happened between us last night. Whatever I had to say, I had to say before I overthink.

I turned to him and began to say something when he just got up off the couch and walked to the kitchen. I sank in the couch, desperate and ashamed. I had no clue what I could do to make up for this.

I set Tigger on the couch and got up, following Zayn into the kitchen. "Zayn," I said, hoping he would listen.

He poured himself a cup of water, drinking up, ignoring me.

"Zayn," I repeated louder this time.

He walked past me and grabbed his coat, slipping on shoes, getting ready to head out. I sighed and followed him quickly, only having enough time to slip on my shoes and lock the door before following him out. It took me a while to find the right keys, but once I did, Zayn was already in the elevator. The doors were closing but I quickly slid inside, just in time for them to close. But I forgot to grab my coat. Shit.

"Zayn, we need to talk," I said to him, trying to catch my breath.

He finally turned to me, his jaw tense. "What's there to talk about?" He spat. "You're just going to tell me something I don't want to hear and try to apologize for it."

I furrowed my eyebrows, not used to the harsh tone he spoke to me in. The doors opened and he left but I stood there for a moment, confused. Had I really made him this mad?

Once I realized that he was far ahead of me, I ran after him. The doorman said hi to Zayn and I but both of us were too distracted to reply. Zayn slipped on his coat and stuffed his hands in his pockets, getting ready to walk.

"Please, Zayn," I tried to catch my breath, "are you going to stay mad at me forever?"

Zayn walked quicker, trying to avoid me. My heart sunk but I wasn't going to give up. I can do this. I will win. No matter what.