Chapter 63 ♡

During this chapter, you are going to have to listen to the song A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope.

Great song. Great chapter. Enjoy.

----------

Chapter 63

(Kat's POV)

"Kat," Alex, my boss, said to me.

I turned my head from the on air pod in front of me to look at him. I smiled the best I could and said, "yeah?"

He held out a piece of paper towards me and said, "before you go on, would you mind dropping this off next door to Caroline's? Tell her that she needs to sign it."

"No," I immediately replied. I couldn't go see Zayn, I would lose it. I hadn't even recovered yet, and by my sudden loss of weight, I think he'd be able to tell something was wrong. He knew me better than anyone ever did.

Alex looked at me strangely, and out of instanct, I reached down and tugged my sleeve. "Please? It'll only take a second."

I looked at him and sighed. Even though I knew Zayn was going to be there, I extended my hand out and took the paper from his hand. He grinned and said, "thank you!"

I didn't reply, instead I turned around and began to walk towards the door. I took in a deep breath, there was no way that I could've dodged Zayn. And even if I was lucky enough to, I would probably see him again at the end of his shift because we leave at the same time. So it was a lose-lose situation for me.

I took a deep breath as I entered Caroline's store. Surprisingly, the place was packed. But even so, I noticed Zayn among all people. He hadn't seen me yet, he was looking down at his piano. Still, my heart ached as I saw him. He looked perfect, as always. He probably wasn't feeling as much pain as I was. And who could blame him, I was a pretty hateable person.

Maybe I could blend in with the people and Zayn wouldn't notice me.

So I looked down, and walked back towards Caroline's office. Just as I was about to go in, I noticed a line of people waiting outside the door. Each of them had the same paper in their hand as I did. So I had to wait, just great.

I turned to the end of the line, and stood. I sighed, leaning against the wall, then looked up. And there Zayn was, staring right at me. I stared back, of course, because I had no option. He was still the Zayn with the hypnotic hazel eyes.

Tears formed in my eyes as he began walking towards me. I shut my eyes, hoping he'd go away. I couldn't talk to him, it was too much for me to handle. I would've broke down in front of all these people. That couldn't happen.

I finally opened my eyes when I heard Caroline's voice say, "I'm so sorry that I'm making you all wait. I will be with you all very soon. And Zayn, what are you doing? Go back to work."

I opened my mouth to yell at Caroline. She can't talk to Zayn like he was a slave. But then I remembered that I wasn't talking to Zayn, and Caroline can't see us together. She walked back into her office, not noticing me. I shut my mouth and turned back to see Zayn smile weakly at me, as if he knew what I was thinking. But I just wiped my tears with the back of my hand, trying not to pay attention to him as he went back to his piano.

When he sat down, he shut his eyes. I took this as an advantage to stare at him, making my heart weaker than it already was. I fought back my tears, not now.

He hurt me.

I watched as he started to play keys on his piano. "A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather. I was praying that you and me might end up together."