Chapter 40 ♡

Chapter 40

(Kat's POV)

My heart was still pounding from the incident that happened a few minutes ago.

Zayn had brought me to his house and told me not to worry about anything because I was safe. I trusted him, I really did, but I was still terrified.

I was sitting on the couch, my head resting against Zayn's chest while we watched TV. I wasn't paying attention to it though, my mind still stuck on the fact that I nearly got Zayn and I killed.

My arm was aching from the cut even though Zayn had wrapped a bandaid around it after treating it carefully with medicine.

My head started to spin and I realized that I started to over think. My mind was racing and my heart quickened as I got up and raced to the restroom.

I hurriedly turn on the faucet and rinsed my face with cold water, trying to snap out of my overwhelming thoughts. Those beers were actually starting to get to me now.

I slowly walked out of the restroom, trying to comprehend everything.

"Babe," Zayn said, holding his arms out, "come here."

I walked over towards him and sat on his lap. My whole body faced him as his arms wrapped around me tightly.

"Everything is fine Kat," he whispered, pressing his forehead to mine.

I didn't say anything, instead just staring at him.

"I wouldn't let anything hurt you darling."

His words entered my heart, causing it to melt. I focused real closely on him, taking his perfect features into my thoughts. His light hazel eyes which had now grown to be my weakness, his sharp face structure, his eye lashes that rested delicately on top of his cheekbones, along with his soft pink lips which I knew so well. There were a couple of scars on his face from fighting with those guys earlier, but even then he looked perfect. Everything about him so breathtaking that I still couldn't help but wonder why he chose me.

"You're so wonderful," I whispered to Zayn, bringing my fingers up to trace his lips.

He chuckled, "I love you."

A confused expression grew on my face, "why?" I asked him, "why do you love me?"

This was a question ringing at the back of my head for such a long amount of time. Why did Zayn love me even after I brought so much trouble and pain into his life? A person like him could get any other girl they wanted, but yet, he chose me.

I had always thought about asking him, but I felt as if today was the perfect day to do so. I was a bit drunk and honest, he was happy I was with him, and I needed my mind to escape the thoughts of the horrific incident that I had to try and forget.

"Why do I love you?" He asked.

I nodded.

"For starters," he said, bringing his lips so close to mine. They hovered over me, his eyes stayed locked with mine as he said, "you're so fucking beautiful."

I smiled even though I didn't believe it. How was someone like me be beautiful enough for someone like him?

He went on, noticing the unsure look on my face. His moved his lips to my neck, "the way you look at me makes me go insane."

Once his lips touched the skin of my neck, I felt myself getting goosebumps. "The way your lips feel against me is undescribable." He spoke softly.

I tilted my head to the side, allowing him more access to my neck. My hands made their way around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

"Your smile lights up my entire world," he whispered against me.

He slid his hands under his T-shirt that he let me borrow. I felt his hand come in contact with the skin of my back. "My name sounds best when you say it," he spoke.

"Zayn," I barely whispered. I felt him smirk against my neck as his hand roamed my back softly.

"I love you because you're the only source of positivity in my life." My heart fluttered as he said these words.

He moved me to where my back was pressed against the couch. He had his hands on my waist, my hands on his chest. He pressed his body to mine, sending fire through my body. His lips moving up to my jaw.

"Every time I need someone, you're always here," he said to me.

I ran my hand through his soft, dark hair, my eyes fluttering shut in pleasure.

"You break your father's rules just to see me."

He planted gentle kisses on my jaw, knowing exactly where to put them. "You're the reason I wake up everyday."

He breathed against me, "you make me the happiest man in the world."

I caught my breath as I felt his lips hover above mine, feeling his hot breath against my skin. "I love you because you haven't left me," he whispered before pressing his lips to mine softly.

So I got my answer as to why Zayn loves me, and it was beyond what I had expected it to be. He thought so much about me, noticing every little thing about me that made him happy. He made me feel like I had never felt before. He made me smile for real. He made my life worth living. He made me so happy. I just loved him more than any amount of words could describe.

"Now," he said once we pulled apart, "do you understand why I love you so much?"

I smiled and nodded. He laughed and fell sat besides me, tying his hand into mine. He turned and faced me, "I love you more than anything else in this world. Don't ever doubt that."

I nodded at him once again as he leant in and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Now," he said, "what do you want to do babe?"

I shrugged, "I don't really want to go out anymore."

"That's fine, we'll do something at home." He said, trying to stay positive.

"Like what?" I asked him.

He thought about it, as did I. It took about two minutes before Zayn said, "how about we-"

He was interrupted by a knock on the door. My heart immediately started to race, thinking it was the guys who had hurt us. What if they found out where Zayn lived?

"Zayn," I whispered to him as he got up, "is it them?"

"Don't worry babe, go to my room." He directed me.

"Just don't answer it," I said.

He shook his head, "it'll be fine, it's not them. I promise."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, my heart beating so loud I was afraid he could hear it.

He looked me straight in the eyes, "go to my room."

I nodded and obeyed his orders, running into his room as I was told. I didn't shut the door all the way so I could hear who it was.

I heard Zayn say, "who is it?" His voice becoming deep.

"Open the fucking door!"

My heart stopped. I recognized the voice and I realized that it was the worst possible outcome. I shut my eyes as I felt lightheaded. No. No. No. This can't be happening.

The voice I heard was Dad's.

----------

It would mean a lot for you to leave feedback, vote, and follow me. Remember, it takes hours for me to write, and seconds for you to vote. :) ily.