Chapter 5 ♡

Chapter 5

(Kat's POV)

There was still two hours until Zayn would come pick me up. That gives me just enough time to look the best that I possibly could.

"Wear something pretty" Zayn had said when we made our plans to dinner.

I took a quick shower, letting my long black hair dry on it's own. It fell beneath my shoulders and down my back once I curled it afterwards. Racing towards my closet, I decided to wear a short, strapless floral dress that ended just a bit over my knees. Since it was supposed to be cold, I wore a full sleeved black top about the same height of the dress.

I took a quick look in the mirror and wore thin eyeliner with an addition of a small amount of mascara. I gave myself a thumbs up in the mirror and ran downstairs. Checking the time, it was five minutes til Zayn was supposed to arrive.

I sat on my couch and fiddled with my black painted nails. The thought of yesterday night when Zayn and I had danced flooded my mind. And for a split second, I even forgot about the incident that happened afterwards. All I remembered was Zayn's hand on my waist as we moved our bodies together to the sound of the music. I hadn't realized I was grinning until my mouth started to ache. Idiot.

The door bell rang announcing the arrival of Zayn. Taking a quick look in the small mirror above the shoe rack, I ran to answer the door, stumbling upon dad's slippers. I answered the door, revealing Zayn standing there, smirking.

He was in a black button down shirt, his hair glossed perfectly like the night before. I smelt his calogne from where I was standing, and it was a lovely smell.

"Hey there beautiful." He spoke, smiling down at me.

I smiled back, "hi Zayn."

He took a good look at me, scanning me up and down. My cheeks turned red, but then I realized that I was doing the same thing to him.

After his eyes finally met mine he asked, "ready to go?"

Smiling, I nodded. I stepped outside and locked the door behind me. A cold wind swept past us, just as I thought. Bradford's weather was something I was used to by now.

"So, where would you like to go?" Zayn asked politely, looking down at me.

Thinking of all the restaurants in town, I couldn't exactly pick one that suit tonight perfectly. Finally, I looked up at his eyes and smiled.

"Surprise me."

"I was hoping you would say that." He took this offer and connected his hands with mine. Suddenly, it didn't feel so cold anymore.

"Would you like to walk?" Zayn asked.

If walking meant having his hand in mine, how could I refuse?

"Sure."

We walked and talked for a while. He took me through a familiar street that I recognized but couldn't quite figure out what exact place the street was going to take us. As soon as we left the quiet streets and walked into the lit up, crowded, noisy ones, I couldn't help but smile.

We walked into the most cheerful part of Bradford. Every corner you turn, there was another strip of lined up stores, connected and holding many varieties. Now that it had gotten a little darker outside, the colorful lights lit up even better. But because of the many varieties of restaurants, I still didn't quite know where he was taking me. At this point, the weather had grown a lot colder than it was when we started to walk. But, I wasn't complaining.

"Here we are," Zayn spoke finally. He held the door open for me as I thanked him and entered. Immediately, I recognized the restaurant. The Redbury.