Chapter 24 ♡

Chapter 24

(Kat's POV)

"Zayn shut up," I whispered furiously as he stumbled upon my jacket on his way out the window.

He chuckled, "sorry, sorry."

It was the same Saturday, but now since it was late, dad was already home. We tried to be extra careful while getting out the window, hoping that he wouldn't notice. He was probably downstairs, catching up on the football game he missed out on this morning.

Zayn took my hand carefully, grabbing my waist and pulling me close to him so I didn't fall. Grabbing a part of the tree, he climbed off one limb to another, being extra careful.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

He breathed in the cold air, "just making sure."

Once we landed on the ground, I peeked over to see the light of the living room on, thankfully the curtains were closed, meaning he couldn't see us. We quietly made our way across the grass and onto the motorcycle.

He handed me my helmet, making sure I put it on right before sitting on the bike. After he sat down, I asked him, "where are we going?"

"My friend's having a party a couple of blocks down," he spoke as the engine roared to life.

I nodded as his bike started to move. Even though we had riden it multiples of times, I was still not quite used to it. Adrenaline still sped through my body, my arms wrapped tightly around his waist, and I took in a deep breath before we sped down the night.

We stopped in front of a crowded frat house, and before we even entered I smelt the alcohol from the scattered beer bottles on the lawn. Zayn was cautiously watching where I walked, making sure I didn't step on any broken glass.

When we rang the doorbell, a boy with brown hair scattered on top of his head, tattoos covering his body answered.

"Hey Zayn!" He grinned, swinging his hand around, causing his beer bottle to move along.

Zayn smiled, doing a handshake thing with him as he welcomed us in. Immediately I noticed tons of people dancing, almost all of them with beers in their hands, dancing uncontrollably. Zayn grabbed on to my hand tighter, pulling me closer to him.

"So," the boy said grabbing both Zayn and my attention, "aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Oh, right." Zayn said, "Kat, this is Louis. He works with me at the store. Louis, this is Kat, my girlfriend."

Louis smiled at me, extending his hand, "lovely to meet you Kat."

Clearly, I was shocked by his kind gestures. He hosted a frat party, but had such a kind attitude about it.

After Louis had left, Zayn turned to me, "stay close to me, alright?"

I nodded and followed him into the kitchen, where he took out a beer from the cooler, extending it out to me. I gladly took it then he took one out for himself.

"Man," I sighed, taking a sip of the cold beer, "what a party."

"You don't seem to be enjoying it," he spoke, constantly checking around me.

I shrugged, "It's kind of hard to enjoy things when you've got a lot on your mind."

He nodded, taking one sip of his beer then turning to face me. "Tell me babe," he spoke, "what's on your mind?"

I smiled, again Zayn was here for me, like he always was. "First of all, this modeling job. It's a pain in the ass." I said, then suddenly realized I was talking to Zayn, the person who hated this job more than I did.