Chapter 21 ♡

Chapter 21

(Kat's POV)

Riding on a motorcycle, I had to say, was exhilarating. But also scary as hell. My arms were tied around Zayn tightly because there was nothing else to grab on to. And if I didn't grab on to anything, I would most likely fall.

When we stopped on a red light, he asked, "you doing okay?"

"Uh, yeah," I hesitated, "I mean. I'm still alive right?"

He chuckled before the light turned green in front of us and he said, "hold on." And just like that, we were off again.

I realized after a while that I still had no idea on where we were going. Also, I was scared that maybe dad caught me somehow, or maybe he woke up and-

"We're here," Zayn spoke, disturbing my thoughts.

I looked around as he stopped the bike next to a tree. There was absolutely nobody around, it seemed as if we pulled up in the middle of nowhere.

Tall trees were surrounding us, a stream cut a path straight in the middle of the forest. The bright stars lit up the sky and I was able to see everything. My eyes landed on a small blanket spread out next to the stream. There was a picnic basket set straight in the middle along with candles surrounding the blanket. There were also a few lights hung low in the trees which made the whole scene look perfect.

"Wow," I whispered as Zayn helped me off the bike.

"You like it?" He asked, biting his lip.

I smiled at him, "you didn't forget about tonight, did you? It was just an excuse to set this all up."

He rubbed the back of his neck shyly, "yeah, kind of."

I giggled as he took my hand and guided me carefully to the blanket. When we sat down, I watched as he opened the picnic basket to reveal sandwiches and cakes. "I hope you like them," he unwrapped a sandwich and held it out to me, "I made them myself."

How adorable was he? First he planned this whole surprise picnic for us, then he took the time to actually make all this food.

I took the sandwich from his cold hands and watched as his cheeks and nose became pink like they always did in this weather. Taking a bite out of it, I noticed him watch me carefully to see my expression.

"It's actually really bad, Zayn," I commented and watched his expression go from excited to sad.

"Man," he breathed, "I knew I should've ordered take out."

I nodded at him, "you should've."

He reached for the sandwich, "I'm sorry, let's just go to a restaurant instead."

I giggled at him and pulled the sandwich away from him. "Zayn, I'm just kidding. It's great."

"You don't have to lie Kat, I know its bad."

"Zayn I'm serious," I smiled, "it's a very tasty sandwich."

He raised an eyebrow, "really?" I nodded at him, then he said, "okay then, can I have a taste?"

"Oh yeah sure," I was about to hand him the sandwich when he pressed his lips to mine. I felt him run his tongue over my lips causing me to shiver. He took notice and pulled apart, smirking when our eyes met.

"You're right," he said, "it does taste good."

For the rest of dinner, we continued eating and soon finished all the food in his basket. May I just as that Zayn is a very good cook. We talked, we laughed, we made jokes and time flew by, faster than I could remember.

Now we laid under the stars and just stared at the sky. It was becoming darker, one star disappearing, but another replacing it's spot the second it left. My head rested on his chest and I felt his heart beating slowly. His arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me close.

"How'd you find this place?" I asked him. I was curious. I've lived in Bradford as long as I can remember and never found this place before, and he's been in this part for a while and he already found it out.

"Well, I was somewhere one day and took a wrong turn and ended up here. It looked pretty empty so I decided to make use of it," he said, "and now it can be another one of our little secrets.

I smiled, "we do have a lot of those."

I felt him nodding while saying, "you know, we should call it something."

"Call what?"

"This place," he spoke, "it's actually right in the middle of all of Bradford, and we should call it something. Something so that we know that it's ours."

So we did, we argued at a lot of things and tried to find the perfect name for such a perfect place. After a bit of arguing and discussion, we both decided on calling it "The Heart."

"Perfect," he had said when we agreed.

I nodded, and everything was perfect. I had noticed that when Zayn and I were together, there were a lot of things that looked perfect, no matter if they weren't before.

I felt him kiss the top of my head and pull me closer, both of us staying quiet, admiring the beauty around us. The wind blowing past us, faint beeps of cars, crickets chirping. Everything seemed like it was exactly where it belonged, even if it wasn't meant to be there.

----------

I hope you enjoyed! Vote & comment. Ily.