Chapter 95 ♡

IMPORTANT: My Q&A and Chapter 94 switched places so many of you may not have read chapter 94, so I'm letting you know that you should go and read it now otherwise you will have missed a huge part!!!

----------

Chapter 95:

(Zayn's POV)

I was sitting in front of the Mac computer at my desk at work which I had grown so fond of. I had been working at The Inspector for almost a month at this point, and I would say it was going great.

I had got all my training and I had learned everything I needed to learn at this point. I don't think I've had a better job than this one, and it was all thanks to Grace and Liam.

They had both been teaching me everything I need to know and they gave me great experience. I had been here for a month but it seems as if I had been working here forever.

The night I had gotten the job, I went home to tell Kat. She had just came back from her day with Grace and was feeding Tigger when I arrived.

"Hi babe," she said to me as I walked in and hung my coat on the rack. "Where did you go?"

I walked into the kitchen, "to a party."

She raised her eyebrows, "since when have you started attending parties. . . alone?"

I chuckled and walked up to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "This one was different," I explained, "I went there for business and business only."

Her eyes widened, "you're not a drug dealer are you?" She joked.

"Don't arrest me," I said to her.

She laughed quietly, then rested her forehead against mine. "Why did you go?"

I brought my hands up to her face as I cupped her cheeks softly. I began tracing her cheekbones lightly.

"To find a job," I informed her. "A better one that pays way better than the library."

"At a party? How come?"

"Grace," I said. "I called her and asked her to distract you for the day so I could search for a better job, but she ended up telling me that her father owns an online newspaper that he needs more people for."

She nodded, "but you have no experience?"

"True," I said, "and that's why I'm getting training."

She smiled, wrapping her arms around my neck, "why do you want another job Zayn?"

I stared at her, realizing that there was no point in lying to her anyways. "We barely have money, and the rent was barely covered, I just didn't want to worry you."

She sighed happily, then leaned in, kissing me. I inhaled her, realizing that she was surprisingly calm about this; which only meant one thing.

When we pulled away, I asked her, "did Grace already tell you about this?"

She shrugged, "maybe."

So I ended up not having to hide anything from her. Everything had been going smoothly since I had started this job. Kat had still been working at the library with Grace and I was doing well here. We hadn't got any complains from Carlee about anyone back at home and someone could even say that everything was perfect.

Right now, I was in the midst of publishing my very first article about a candidate for the upcoming election who might be cheating on his wife. Mr. Wiley had told me it was a great story, and I should publish it as soon as possible.

I was disturbed when I heard the sound of laughter. I looked up and saw Grace and Liam walk into my office, laughing hysterically about something.

"Zayn!" Grace exclaimed, "look at you, you're becoming a businessman."