Chapter 94 ♡

Chapter 94:

(Zayn's POV)

I laid in bed, my eyes feeling heavier than usual but I'm sure it was just because of last night's activities. I heard the shower water running and the faint sound of Kat's humming. I smiled, barely being able to open my heavy eyes.

I turned to my side and saw the time. 9:04 AM. Kat wouldn't be awake this early on a normal day, ever. Maybe that's why she didn't wake me up.

I brought my hands up to my face and rubbed my eyes, yawning quietly. I sat up, our white sheets tangled around my legs, purposely making it harder for me to get out of bed. But I had to, no matter how much it pained me.

I stretched my arms, untangling myself from the bedsheets and stepping out of bed. I was naked from last night and it was cold so I walked to the closet and grabbed a pair of boxers, slipping them on. I ran my hand through my hair, shaking my head like a dog so it could sort of fall in place.

I was walking to the bathroom when I felt clothes at my feet. Kat and I's clothes were everywhere, so I went around the room, picking each article of clothing up, piece by piece. I walked to the laundry basket and threw them inside before making my way towards the bathroom.

I opened the door, being able to hear Kat's humming more clearly now.

"Good morning Katrina," I addressed her by her full name because it was just one of those days.

"Good morning Zayn," she called out over the water, a hint of a smile in her voice.

I couldn't help but smile as I walked to the sink and picked up my toothbrush. I put some toothpaste on it and stuck it in my mouth, starting to brush my teeth. I heard the water close and Kat's humming stop. After she grabbed the towel that was hanging on the curtain rod, she wrapped it around herself in the shower and then opened the door.

I spit out my toothpaste, rinsing my mouth before setting my toothpaste back where it was.

Kat walked over to me, her wet feet paddling against the tiles. I grabbed my hairbrush, beginning to brush my hair. She placed her hands on my shoulder, leaning up and kissing my cheek, her wet hair dripping on my bare chest.

"Any particular reason that you're awake this early?" I asked, turning to her and kissing her properly.

She smiled once I pulled away. "I was hoping to run away before you woke up. But my plan has failed."

I raised my eyebrows at her and she smiled innocently. "Kidding!"

I turned back to the mirror once she walked outside of the bathroom to go get her clothes.

"We were out of milk so I thought I'd get some before you woke up," she called out.

I smiled at her thoughtfulness, "I'll do it babe. Don't worry about it."

"It's fine," she said, "I got it."

I stared at my hair in the mirror. It was doing this weird thing today where it was lifeless. Usually it would do something, but today it just wasn't working.

"Hey what are we doing today?" I asked her.

"Well we're off work so I don't exactly know," she replied. "We could just have a Harry Potter movie marathon if you want?"

"Sounds good," I asked, setting my hairbrush down. I guess it didn't matter what I did with my hair at this point.

Kat walked in the bathroom, unfolding her shirt as she slipped it over her head. "You just make some eggs while I'm at the market."