Chapter 45 ♡

Chapter 45

(Kat's POV)

It has been a week since dad found out about Zayn. Oh, and a week since my crash also.

For one week, I had been laying in bed. My leg prohibited me from doing anything other than moving the short distance from my bed to the bathroom. I felt like I had heard every song that had ever existed, watched every movie on Netflix, and read the same book five hundred times.

Zayn had been taking time out of his day to sneak into my room. He often spent the nights with me, making sure I had everything I needed.

Dad on the other hand, managed to take thirty minutes from his day to come check up on me. Giving me my food and medicine was his only job.

If Zayn was in my room when dad came, he'd hide in the bathroom for thirty minutes. I insisted him to leave but he always stayed.

Dad had been avoiding much conversation with me. I don't know if he felt bad for when he hit me, or if he was still angry with me, but he didn't say much.

I was angry at him still, but didn't have the power to do much. So I kept it to myself. Not even telling Zayn.

Now, I was sitting in my room on my laptop. Neither Zayn or dad were home but I knew I wouldn't be alone for too long.

Just as I thought this, I heard my window open. I looked up to see Zayn stumbling inside, rather excitedly. I smiled at him as he caught his breath.

"I found it!" He was saying, "I finally found a job!"

I beamed. Zayn and I had been searching for a job for me ever since he had made me quit modeling. He made it his goal to find me a job that is ten times better than my old one, but I highly doubted that.

"Really! What did you find?" I said just as excitedly.

He ran to me, giving me a quick kiss on the forehead before taking a seat in front of me on the bed.

"A radio station!" He spoke. I stared at him, my excitement slowly fading. He noticed and quickly added, "they just opened right next to Caroline's restaurant. So you and I can work right by each other."

I had to admit, that was a plus side. But I knew that I wasn't so great with interacting with others, radio hosting was not my thing. But Zayn looked so excited that I couldn't turn him down.

"That sounds great," I smiled.

"You're lying."

I was taken aback by how quickly he figured that out. But I had to fake it. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it.

"I know, but I'll give it a shot." I tried to sound as convincing as I could so he could buy it.

He stared at me for a long time. "You don't have to do it if you don't want. We can find more."

I shook my head no. "I want to give this a try. The only hard part is that I'll have to deal with the annoying neighbors."

A smirk pulled on his lips as he leaned forward and placed both of his hands on my sides. He began to tickle me and I started to laugh. He was extra careful with my leg, but I could care less. He laughed along. A laugh alone that could end all wars.

Once he stopped attacking me with tickles, he fell to my side.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Positive."

"But what if you don't like it?"

"I'll quit."

"And what if-"