Chapter 60 ♡

Chapter 60

(Kat's POV)

"Why does my face hurt like fucking hell?!" Zayn shouted as he slammed his hand on the dashboard in front of him. I flinched, but continued to divert all my focus on the road in front of me. My head was spinning, my heart still pounding, and the tears in my eyes were flooding my vision. I tried though, tried to get home as fast as I could.

"Slow down, you're driving like a maniac," Zayn joked in his drunken state. I didn't slow down the car though. I was barely understanding his slurred words in the first place.

Zayn sat up now and I felt him looking at me, "Kat, I said to slow down."

I didn't slow down, the blood in my veins quickening. I stepped on the gas harder, the car speeding up.

"Kat," he demanded.

I wasn't going to listen to him.

"Kat," he repeated.

He fucking kissed Carlee. He fucking kissed my best friend.

"Kat!" He shouted.

He told me that he loved me. He lied.

"Kat! I said to slow the fucking car down!" He yelled as loud as he could, in a voice I had never heard before.

My mind was spinning, but I finally pulled in front of some old laundromat. I stopped the car and shut my eyes, hearing Zayn breathing heavily from beside me.

"What the hell is your problem?!" He shouted at me.

You.

"Are you out of your mind?" He continued, not waiting for a response.

Yes.

"You could've got us killed!"

Who gives a fuck.

I felt him take heavy breaths. I didn't look up at him though, my head wanting to explode. He kissed her in front of my eyes. Sure, he was drunk, but he still hasn't apologized to me. If he was sober enough to yell at me, he was sober enough to explain himself.

"Come sit here, I'm driving."

Now I looked up at him. He was definitely not sober enough to drive. "You can't," I croaked, my voice still shaking.

He chuckled, "no. You can't drive. Now get over here."

I felt myself shrink. Why did he laugh at me? Now my pain was replaced with anger. He couldn't just laugh at me and expect me to listen to him.

I reached over and locked the doors so that he couldn't get out to come to the driver's seat. I turned back to look in front of me and started the car again. My heart rate quickened once again, but I wasn't going to let him get his way after what he did to me.

Besides, I was still a bit drunk myself.

"What are you doing?" Zayn said.

I didn't reply, instead backing out of the driveway. Who did he think he was? I could drive. I pulled into the empty streets and sat tall. He stared at me but I didn't look at him. Angry tears burned in my eyes, but I still had a point to prove.

"When I ask you to do something, you listen to me!" I heard him shout angrily.

I laughed, "keep dreaming Zayn."

"Kat!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes, I was driving regularly now, but he just didn't like the fact that I was driving and not him. When he shouted at me, it felt like he was Bruce Banner and he was slowly transforming into the Hulk. But ten times worse.