Chapter 69 ♡

Chapter 69

(Kat's POV)

My eyes adjusted to the morning light, my head beating uncontrollably. I had a huge hangover, and by the stench of my breath, I realized that I had threw up a lot more than I usually did. Good, more puking, less weight.

It took me a moment to realize that I was on the floor of a bathroom which was not mine. I looked down to see my scars uncovered, not a good sign. My back rested against the bathtub, and I immediately recognized where I was by the scent of my clothes.

Zayn's flat.

My heart started to race, my head beating so loud that I was afraid I was going to explode. I quickly got up off the floor, the world spinning rapidly. I tried to recall the events of last night, but I couldn't think of anything. All I knew is that Zayn had figured out everything that I had been hiding from the world.

I noticed Zayn sitting with his head down against a pillow, but he wasn't sleeping. He had probably spent the night in the bathroom with me. My heart fluttered but I tried to hide the feeling, because I reminded myself that I couldn't have him.

He noticed I had gotten up and he lifted his head, his eyes locking with mine. My heart melted when I noticed tears in his eyes. All I wanted to do was embrace him, but I couldn't. Zayn deserved someone much better than me.

He stood up off the floor immediately, walking towards me. I backed up out of instinct, my back hitting the sink behind me. He noticed my sudden reaction and took a step back, taking in a deep breath.

"Kat, I'm sorry for bringing you here," he started. "You were just drunk and you felt sick-"

"Take me to my house," I ordered. I didn't know what happened last night, but all I knew is that I couldn't face it today. He had saw my scars, he had found out my secrets. There was nothing more to it.

He sighed, "Kat, listen to me-"

"Now," I demanded.

He stared at me for a long time, his hazel eyes melting into mine, but I didn't give in. If I stayed any longer, I knew that somehow, I would've forgotten everything and forgave him. I couldn't stay here with him alone. Not again.

He brought his hand out to take mine, but I pulled away. He noticed and took a deep breath, "Kat, forgive me."

"Zayn, I don't want to deal with you right now," I whispered, fully aware of how cruel I was being.

"Last night was just-"

"Forget about last night," I snapped. My head was thumping and I knew that my mind had no memory of what happened last night, but I didn't care. Nothing was important anymore. "Take me home Zayn. Right now."

He shut his eyes, pained by my words. "I knew it," he spoke under his breath. "Fuck."

I didn't bother to wait for him to open his eyes, instead I walked past him. Before I could make it far, though, he had took a hold of my hand. I stopped dead in my tracks, swallowing hard. Here we go again.

"Please sweetheart," he whispered.

I shut my eyes after hearing him begin to cry. Tears fell from my eyes, but I didn't turn around. He didn't let go of my hand, letting me know that he wasn't ready to leave me.

"K-Kat," Zayn cried, his sobs ripping through my heart. I heard a loud thump and immediately turned around out of instinct to see if Zayn was okay. My heart broke when I saw Zayn on the floor, literally begging me on his knees. "Don't leave me Kat. I c-can't live without you. I just can't."