Chapter 80 ♡

Chapter 80:

(Kat's POV)

Happy Birthday Katrina. Be ready by 6, Cora and I want to take you for dinner. We've got big news! xx

I received this text from dad at 5:00 on my birthday, giving me only one hour to get ready for dinner. I had to say, I was beyond disappointed to get this text. I was hoping to spend my birthday with Zayn. Not that it mattered, he was at work. And I just got back from mine because Alex let me off early. But I wasn't angry at Zayn, considering the fact that on his birthday, I yelled at him and told him to get out of my house. We can call it a truce.

As I ran to my closet, I wondered what the big news was. My stomach sank as I realized that Cora knew my secret, what if she told dad? But I doubt it, or at least he wouldn't ruin my mood on my birthday.

By the time I got ready, it was 5:45. I sat on my couch, slipping on my heels when I got a phone call.

"Hi baby," I spoke into the phone once I saw that Zayn was calling. I slipped the phone in between my ear and my shoulder as I put on my shoes.

"Hey there birthday girl," he replied, "what's going on?"

"Nothing really, dad and Cora are taking me out for dinner."

"Oh," he said, "do you know where?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "now that you mention it, no. They didn't tell me."

"Can I tell you then?" Zayn asked.

I sat up straight after putting on my heels, taking my phone in my hand and holding it against my ear. "How would you know?" I asked.

"Because Caroline is decorating a table and presents are on the side and Carlee, Drew, and Jack are here," he spoke. "Or maybe it's just a lucky guess."

I beamed, "really?! I get to see you!"

He laughed, "that's what you're excited about?"

I got up off the couch and grabbed my purse, "duh. It's been misery spending my birthday without you."

He sighed, "I'm sorry sweetheart, I really am. Caroline wouldn't let me get another day off. But, we can have fun once I'm off. Deal?"

I could hear the smirk in his tone as I replied, "deal."

Just then, there was a knock on my door. I took a quick glance in the mirror as I told Zayn, "dad's here. I gotta go. I'll see you there."

"Alright babe," Zayn said. "I love you."

"Love you too," I smiled before hanging up.

Once finished, I ran to the door and opened it to see Cora standing there with a smile on her face. "Happy birthday!" She smiled, attacking me in a hug.

I giggled, hugging her back, "thank you."

Once she pulled away, she said, "we're going to dinner at One and Only, and I purposely asked your dad to go there. He just thinks it's because of Caroline, but you and I both know why I really asked." My eyes widened as I stepped outside and locked the door, "you did this?"

"I didn't want you to spend your birthday without Zayn," she winked at me before both of us started walking towards the car.

"Happy birthday sweetheart," Dad said to me once I got inside of the car.

"Thank you," I smiled at him as he started the car.

Caroline's store wasn't that far from my house, and knowing that Zayn was there only made me more excited. I couldn't imagine I'd ever be so thankful of Cora.