Chapter 20 ♡

Chapter 20

(Kat's POV)

"So mom loves Drew," Carlee said after taking a sip of her coffee.

Lucky her, I thought. We were both at our usual Wednesday place, Floyd's, while she continued talking about Drew and how great their relationship was.

I was jealous of the fact that she could go out with Drew in front of her parents and not worry about anything. But, I knew that no matter how good of a boyfriend Drew was to Carlee, I had a feeling Zayn was probably better.

"What about you and Zayn?" She asked me, "what did your dad say?"

I shrugged, taking a sip of my coffee, "he doesn't like him."

"What?" She exclaimed as if it was the most dramatic thing, "then what about you two?"

"Well, we have this secret relationship thing going on, and-"

"Oh my God, really? That's so cute!" She grinned.

I just rolled my eyes as she continued, "you guys are like Romeo and Juliet! It's like the perfect relationship!"

"Oh definitely," I said sarcastically.

"No but seriously, you guys are actually adorable."

I laughed at her, because she was actually serious, but then I replied, "thanks."

Carlee soon got a call from Drew, saying that he was waiting for her at the movies because they were going to watch some romantic comedy or something. She apologized to me then left. But I didn't mind, in fact, it reminded me about Zayn and I. And how we have barely talked with each other for the past week because I've been so busy with modeling and he with his singing.

Gusto and Cora have been setting up my portfolio for the past week, contacting all the different modeling offers that they could think of. Carlee was my assistant but I didn't put that much pressure on her. Whenever there was nothing for her to do, or she needed to be somewhere, like a date with Drew, I let her take time off. But I couldn't do the same with my schedule, I had precise timings. I had to go to the agency from this time to this time, exercise in between these hours, and work with dad at this time.

And somehow still manage to have a social life.

I've really been wanting to actually see Zayn but it's been really hard. I didn't want to disturb him and I'm guessing that he didn't want to disturb me so we didn't ask each other to block out our schedules to make time for each other. But he was important to me and I needed to see him, so I called him later that day at three.

"Hey sweetheart," he said when he picked up.

I smiled at his tone, "hi Zayn, are you busy?"

"Yeah," he replied, "my shift isn't over till six on the weekdays."

I groaned. Six is when dad comes back home, then we won't have any time to spend with each other. "Oh," I said, "sorry about that. I just miss you, that's all."

He sighed, "I know Kat. I miss you too. But we barely ever have time for each other anymore."

I shut my eyes, "I know Zayn, but I want to see you. But our jobs and dad and," I sighed, "it's just a little hard."

"I know Kat, I know." After a brief moment of silence, he spoke up saying, "I'll have to go in a while, but tell you what. I'll come by later tonight and we can go out somewhere."

"But what about dad?"

"We'll figure something out," he said, "don't we always?"

***