Chapter 10 ♡

Chapter 10

(Kat's POV)

It was early in the morning when I awoke to the sound of the fire alarm going off. My eyes shot open as I stumbled out of bed to check what was going on. Before I even went all the way downstairs, I realized that Cora must be cooking.

When I had reached downstairs, it seemed as if I was right. Cora was cooking. But then I spotted Carlee in the kitchen, on top of the counter, trying to shut off the fire alarm.

"Kat! I'm so glad you're here, I needed you but I didn't want to disturb you from your sleep." Cora explained rather cheerfully.

"Well that didn't work," I mumbled as I walked over to the burnt pan. I picked it up and placed it under the sink water, then hit the fan above the stove and turned around.

"Oh thank goodness, what would I do without you!" Cora exclaimed, giving me a quick hug before turning off the sink.

"Oh hey Kat," Carlee said casually while jumping off the counter.

"Hey," I said just as casually.

"What was that all about?" I asked, turning back to Cora.

"Oh nothing, just thought I'd make you a low fat breakfast to start off your diet. But now I'm just thinking some healthy Kelloggs," she said, pulling off a weak smile.

"Diet? Do you see her? She's as skinny as a stick, she needs to be fed. Not go on diets." Carlee said, grabbing an apple off the counter.

Cora immediately eyeballed me, which made me hate her for bringing it up. "What? I thought you told Carlee when you were with that bo-"

I immediately interrupted her, "oh, nope. Must've forgotten. I'll tell her right now."

"Wait," Carlee said, holding her hand up, "who was she with?" She asked Cora.

I mentally face palmed myself while Cora answered, "oh she was with this boy last night, she never mentioned who. But I thought you were with them."

Carlee smirked her devilish smirk, "nope. I wasn't there, but I would love to know who the boy was."

Before I could speak, Cora answered, "was it with the waiter who knew your name at the cheesecake factory? Uh, I think his name was-"

"Drew!?" Carlee spat, "you were with my boyfriend!?"

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did Cora think that I hung out with Drew last night? I was with Zayn! And wait, when did Carlee start dating Drew?

"I can't believe you!" Carlee exaggerated.

"No, I wasn't with Drew!" I answered back.

"You weren't?" Cora and Carlee said at the same time.

"No, I was with Z-" I didn't finish. I couldn't finish. Carlee would take this completely wrong.

Carlee's smirk had returned on her face. "Zayn huh?" She figured it out. Of course. "You just can't stay away, can you?"

I bit my lip, "it wasn't anything special. Cora and Dad took me to the cheesecake factory for dinner and I saw him sitting at the counter so I decided to stay a little longer to chat." I shrugged.

"The boy at the counter!?" Cora immediately yelled, "the one with the earplugs and tattoos?"

Wow, I hadn't noticed Cora paid attention to him. "Uh, yeah, why?"

"Oh dear!" She exclaimed, "he didn't seem like good news."

"That's what I told her," I heard Carlee say from behind me. "But she can't resist."