Chapter 68 ♡

Okay Zaytrina shippers, this one's for you.

----------

Chapter 68

(Zayn's POV)

I was laying face down in bed, still trying to think about what happened this morning. I tried to apologize to her, but she didn't accept it. But I wouldn't blame her, who wants to love a broken man like me?

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating on my table. I sighed, reached over and grabbing it. I turned to see that caller I.D., and my heart stopped.

A picture of Kat laughing appeared under the name, she was so beautiful. Without a second guess, I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Zayn!" Kat squeaked, her voice high and perky. "What is London's number one heartbreaker doing?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Kat, where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she slurred. "My life is going perfect ever since you left. You know, besides the fact that I can't even look at myself in the mirror without puking."

She was drunk.

I heard loud music in the background, telling me she was most likely at a bar. "Kat, where are you? Don't drive home drunk, I'm coming."

"Don't bother," she spoke. "I'm already going home with someone. I just wanted to let you know."

Even when she was drunk, she couldn't tell a lie. I grabbed my coat, not bothering to check my horrible face in the mirror as I slipped on my shoes and stormed out of my apartment. I walked towards my car, the phone still at my ear.

"Kat, are you okay?" I asked into the phone.

"Fuck you," she giggled, not answering my question. "You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you. I love you but I hate you. There is something about you that is so irresistible, but also something about you that makes me wonder why you aren't a drug. You sir, are so addicting, yet so deadly."

It took me a minute to comprehend everything that she just told me, but I couldnt disagree. I was so bad for her, but I gave her all of me. Everything that I had in me, was in her. She had not only become a part of my life, but she was now a part of me.

I started the car, hearing her soft breaths in the phone. "Can you tell me where you are, Kat?"

She laughed, "the same place where you broke my heart, douche."

She was at the same bar that I had kissed Carlee at, and I dreaded going to that place after everything that happened there. But if it were for Kat, I would've done anything.

"You know," she spoke, a glass clicking in the background. "I don't even understand why you loved me. I'm nothing special. You deserve someone like Carlee, not me. I'm just a torn up girl looking for someone to love. I just happened to stumble upon you, and come on, how could I resist the tattoos?" She giggled into the phone, but I knew she was holding back tears.

"Goodness, what have I gotten myself into?" She thought aloud.

I sped past the yellow light, my heart racing as I tried to make it to the bar before anything bad happened. I knew for a fact that she wouldn't have called me if she wasn't drunk. And for the first time in a long long time, I was thankful for alcohol.

"Look, there's a cute boy I can dance with," she said into the phone, "I'm going to have fun! Bye Zayn."

Before I could reject, she hung up. This, of course, made my blood boil. The sights of another guy touching Kat made me furious. I drove fast, not caring weather or not I broke the speed limit. Finally, I arrived at the bar.