Chapter 100 ♡

Here we go, last chapter. Lots of POV changes, keep an eye out.

----------

Chapter 100 - Final Chapter

(Kat's POV)

"And I would like a caramel frap please."

"Coming right up, Kat. Good to have you back."

I smiled at the familiar waiter, Brad, as he walked away from the table I was sitting at. I turned to look across the table from me at a beaming Carlee. I smiled at her, taking in the familiar feeling.

"Ever since you left, I've come here alone every single Wednesday. You know what that felt like?" Carlee asked me, having the over dramatic look on her face that she always has when she's trying to make me feel guilty of something.

"I'm sorry," I told her, "but I'm here now."

She frowned. "But you're leaving tomorrow."

I looked out of the window besides me, noticing that it was dark because we had come here so late. The day was almost over, thanks God.

I had to admit, I did feel bad to leave Carlee alone in Bradford all over again. But I didn't want to be here, it was too painful. At this point, all of this just seemed like a memory; nothing more, nothing less.

It was Wednesday. Carlee and I were at our usual Wednesday hangout, Floyd's. I mean, it was usual when I was here but it isn't anymore. It was only her and I, and Zayn had made me go.

I wouldn't even leave him alone to go take a shower, let alone come here. But he forced me, insisting that he'd be fine at home and that he wouldn't get hurt. I wouldn't have left, but Dad wasn't home - just like he wasn't all week - so I knew Zayn would be fine.

On the bright side, Dad hadn't spoken a single word to us this entire week. I was more than grateful. He had been going wherever he had claimed to be going during the morning time, and when it came time to sleep, he'd sneak in whenever everyone was asleep. But to be honest, I could care less about where he went.

Zayn had our bags packed and we were ready to go back home tomorrow. We were both so excited to finally be leaving that we probably weren't going to sleep tonight. This was the longest week of our lives, but it was almost over now.

My attention was stolen by an Brad bringing our drinks to our table, flashing us a smile. Carlee and I smiled back and he turned around, returning to his barista duties.

"So. . ." I said to Carlee, leaning into her, "tell me everything that happened here while I was gone."

She opened her mouth, her overdramatic face on, so I stopped her.

"The fun stuff. Not the family drama. I've had enough of that."

Her shoulders fell, but then she shrugged. She propped her elbows on the table, hot chocolate in hand, and she smiled.

"Drew and I, we're getting serious."

I raised my eyebrows, "yeah? How serious?"

"So serious that our families had dinner together."

"What type of dinner? Like, Sloppy Joe's or Olive Garden?"

She grinned, "Olive Garden."

I gasped over dramatically, and she rolled her eyes. "No way! Did you guys use forks too?"

She laughed, "shut up, Kat. Not everyone's life is exciting as yours."

"Exciting?" I asked, intrigued.