Chapter 97 ♡

Never thanked you guys for half a million reads!! I love you 💖

The feedback I received on my previous chapter was just amazing. I'm so happy that all of you love this book and have made it this far! This chapter is probably the longest chapter I have ever written and its full of action. Enjoy babes.

----------

Chapter 97

(Kat's POV)

Zayn was on a call, Bluetooth in his ear. His hands were typing rapidly on the computer and he was trying to listen to his call. He was seated on the kitchen stool, and I was in the kitchen.

I poured myself a glass of juice and wondered why he was working from home today. I didn't ask him, but he had been acting very strange since dinner yesterday. He said that he wanted to stay home to see more of me, but I knew something else was up. I just didn't want to push it.

He was so busy lately and I knew that all he wanted to do was make sure that we got the money we needed. He had become very important at work and his first article had gotten many hits. He was busy, but it suits him.

"No? When did you send it?" He was saying in the Bluetooth. "Yesterday afternoon? Yeah, it might still be in the mail."

Zayn was about to get up but I put my glass down. "Babe, don't worry, I'll go check the mail."

He looked at me and smiled. "Thank you darling."

I nodded and smiled, grabbing the mail keys and walking to the door. I put on my shoes and twisted the door handle, hearing Zayn continuing to talk in the phone behind me.

I pushed the elevator button and waited. The elevator doors opened and I stepped inside, hitting the first floor button before stuffing my hands in my pockets. Once the elevator doors closed, I waited patiently to get to the first floor. And once I landed and the elevator doors opened, I looked up.

I was about to walk out when my attention was stolen. I felt the air getting knocked out of my lungs when I noticed dad, standing at the reception desk, talking to the receptionist. My heart stopped, and I blinked a couple of times to double check if it was him. Once I was sure I had seen the dangerously familiar brown eyes and stern facial features, I panicked.

I quickly took a step back into the elevator and pressed myself against the wall so that anyone who was outside couldn't see me. I repeatedly hit the fourth floor button, wanting the elevator doors to close as soon as possible. After an eternity, they finally did and the elevator started moving.

Water stung my eyes and my heart started to beat out of my chest. I ran a stressful hand over my face and took deep breaths, trying not to freak out.

But the truth is, I am freaked out.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God," I repeated. My hands were shaking and my body was trembling.

How the hell did he come here? How did he find us? Did Carlee tell him? That little bitch. How were we going to hide now?

I took a deep breath as the elevator doors opened. All I had to do was get to Zayn so he can tell me what we can do. He was my sanity right now because I had lost all of mine.

I rushed out the elevator and ran to our apartment. I opened the door and stumbled inside, locking the door behind me.

"Kat, did you get the papers?" He asked. I turned to face him, tears running down my cheeks. He furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes filling with worry. He shut off his blue tooth and got out of his chair, rushing to me.

"Kat, what's wrong? Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" He asked.

I shook my head, not being able to think straight. "He's here," I said to him, "dad's here. He found us. Zayn, we have to go."