Chapter 31 ♡

Chapter 31

(Kat's POV)

"Hands behind your back," the old officer said.

Both Zayn and I had gotten caught because of my stupid comment. We walked out of the stall while two men, one of which was an officer and the other was a man who seemed annoyed.

The officer took out his hand cuffs from his back pocket, first he locked Zayn's hands behind his back, rather roughly I might add. Then he began walking towards me. He took out another pair hand cuffs and tied my hands without even trying to be gentle.

"Hey," Zayn spoke, his voice dark, "easy on her, alright?"

The officer laughed and continued doing what he was doing.

"Breaking and entering, huh?" The other man said, crossing his arms over his chest.

The officer cleared his throat, "you're going to have to be taken to jail until further notice."

"What?! Jail?" My eyes widened, and suddenly I realized all the trouble I was going to get in.

The other man walked towards me, a bit close while saying, "that's the price you pay sweetheart."

Zayn walked in between us, "keep your distance from her."

The man scoffed before telling the officer, "take 'em away."

The officer rolled his eyes at him but did as he was told. He directed us to his car which was parked outside, sirens going off, and I was terrified. I had never been arrested before.

We sat in the car and my mind kept thinking about if dad found out. What was he going to say? He was going to kill me.

Zayn leaned close to me while the car started to move, "we're going to be okay."

I didn't say anything, or move, because I had a feeling we weren't going to get out of this one.

Soon, we made it to a small police station, which I had seen before but never thought it still functioned. The man directed us inside and I had realized that I was still only wearing a bra and shorts. Zayn's bag had been taken away from him otherwise I'm sure he would've gave me something to wear.

"Alright, get comfortable, you might be spending the night." The officer said as he dropped us into a tiny jail cell which was positioned exactly like it was in movies. The officer locked us in and sat down at the desk outside of our cell, keeping an eye on us.

I sighed, sitting down on the bench. "We're in jail Zayn."

He sat beside me, "I hadn't noticed."

"I'm serious," I looked at him, "how do you suppose we get out of this one?"

He shrugged, acting as if we weren't in jail, but in fact having a normal conversation, "we have each other right?"

I heard the officer chuckle slightly, them tried covering it up with a cough but we had noticed anyways.

"Seriously Zayn, if anyone finds out, we're both dead." I was really worried, but Zayn didn't really seem concerned.

"Oh come on," he said, "it isn't that bad."

I tilted my head back as it rested against the wall and sighed.

"Babe, look at me." Zayn said, actually sounding serious. So I turned to look at him and he said, "we'll get out of this without your dad knowing, I promise."

For some strange reason, I believed him. I genuinely believed that Zayn was going to somehow, someway get us out of this mess. I needed to believe him, he was my only choice.