Chapter 11 ♡

THANK YOU FOR READING ILY ALL ENJOY.

----------

Chapter 11

(Kat's POV)

It's been a week since the agreement. I'd lost three and one fourth pounds. I was feeling confident about the goal but I had been eating a lot less. Cora kept a sharp eye on my diet and I had been running on my dads treadmill and done a couple of exercises off the internet, but if I wanted the job, I needed to work harder.

In related news, I also hadn't seen or talked to Zayn in a week. He seemed really upset ever since the day of the agreement, and he hadn't spoken to me since I'd told him that I was doing the job. Even though he should've been the least of my worries, he ran through my mind every moment of every day.

I put on my jogging outfit and stepped outside into the cool air. I had to fit this run in before it got too cold.

Right when I stepped outside I spotted Zayn, smoking while leaning against the wall. He seemed angry when he'd spotted me and immediately looked away. I bit my lip and prevented myself from looking at him. But I couldn't.

I ran across the street until I stood directly in front of him and cleared my throat. He looked at me then turned away without caring.

"What the hell Zayn? Why aren't you talking to me? What did I do?" I finally spat.

He still didn't face me, instead to took a drag of his cigarette, which made me impatient.

"Zayn, tell me, or I'm leaving."

He still didn't budge. I rolled my eyes and began to turn around to start my jog when I felt something grab my arm.

Zayn immediately spun me around to turn and face him and didn't even try to be gentle. "Why am I upset Kat? Because I care about you. Why else? I don't want you to lose all that weight and become unhealthy because of this stupid job. It isn't worth it."

I rolled my eyes at him, "so do you think this is healthy?" I pointed to his cigarette. "Why should I stop losing weight if you can't stop smoking?"

"That's my problem, not yours." He spat.

"Okay, and how is me losing weight going to affect you?" He stayed silent. "Huh Zayn? Answer that question."

He gripped my arm tighter and looked me dead in the eye, "don't fuck with me Kat. This isn't about me, it's about you and your obsession to be someone who you're not."

I let out a bitter laugh, "oh come on Zayn, how much longer are you gonna keep this up? You're role of actually caring about me? It's not like losing a couple of pounds is going to kill me. Besides, Cora says that they made her lose weight when she came into the industry. And look at her now, she's a successful model who has all the money in the world. Now tell me Zayn, what help does smoking do?" I crossed my arms.

He took a step closer to me, "it helps me get away from bullshit like this."

I rolled my eyes as he continued, "you know what Kat? You're right. Why did I care for you in the first place? I was just being a little protective over you, why? Because I do actually care about you and I don't want you to get hurt. But you aren't appreciating someone who's trying to help you."

"And you think that I don't care about you? Why else would I have told you to stop smoking Zayn? I lost my aunt to lung disease because of her smoking habits and I didn't want to lose you the same way, but that doesn't matter does it!"

I turned around and stormed off, not caring if he followed me or not. I heard him call my name but it didn't matter.

I continued on with my unfinished jogging as I felt hot tears in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away. I wasn't going to cry, not for him.